Staying in Zurich near Zurich Hb

• Yuahtung
    Participant
    13 posts
    2 February 2023 at 20:24:29 #829000

Hello, I wish to apologize for posting this thread as my inquiry may have been addressed in past thread. If it has been addressed in the past, just send me the link to the thread so that I could look it up. Many thanks and much appreciate your help.

I’m planning to spend a few days in Zurich before I start my train journey in Switzerland in early December. I would like to stay near Zurich Hb, the main train station in Zurich as I will eventually start my Swiss train journey there. I don’t mind staying away further from the city centre as long as it is connected to the Zurich Hb on a transit route so that I could travel easily to Zurich Hb with public transit.

Any suggestion and/or input would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

pkerr
    Participant
    265 posts
    3 February 2023 at 1:33:40 #950497

I stayed at the HOTEL SCHWEIZERHOF ZÜRICH right across from the train station. GREAT hotel and GREAT location. Fabulous free breakfast too. Not cheap but overall a perfect place to stay.

Here’s the hotel and just out of view and the other one is the train station view from our little balcony.

Anna
    6382 posts
    3 February 2023 at 9:32:41 #950498

Hi Yuahtung,

You can find a list of hotels within walking distance of Zurich HB on this page: http://www.myswissalps.com/zurich/hotels

I hope this gets you started.

Regards,

Anna

Yuahtung
    Participant
    13 posts
    3 February 2023 at 20:38:25 #950499

Thank you pkerr, I deeply appreciate your repose and the enclosed information is very useful. Thank you.

Yuahtung
    Participant
    13 posts
    3 February 2023 at 20:39:47 #950500

Thank you Anna for your quick response. The enclosed link is very useful in helping to determine where I would stay in Zurich. Much appreciate your help.

• The thread ‘Staying in Zurich near Zurich Hb’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.