Swiss Beer

Swiss Beer

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Askswiss
Askswiss
9 posts
Sep 30, 2014 - 3:13 PM

Hi there! Got excellent tips from myswissalps the last time. Thank you so much.

Planning my Swiss trip end Oct and will have 3 nights in Interlaken. Have been reading about what to do and found out about Rugenbräu brewery. Am keen to visit the brewery. I was wondering if the brewery is open to public and to what extent! If there are tours or just a small corner to enjoy their freshly brewed beers and some nice food to go along. From what I read, you could get Rugenbräu beer quite easily in Interlaken but I was hoping for a more memorable experience since I have never been to a brewery in Switzerland. As there are so much to see and do (and hopefully the weather is good) in Interlaken, would be very happy if I could include a visit to Rugenbräu in my itinerary. Thank you so much any any advice or recommendation.

Arno
Arno
7718 posts
expert &
Oct 1, 2014 - 5:38 AM

Hi Askswiss,

Rugenbräu beer is indeed easily available in many shops in the region. There are guided tours showing the full production facilities, but explanation will be in German only I think. More information is available on the website of the brewery: www.rugenbraeu.ch/ueber-uns/betriebsbesichtigung/. You may want to contact them beforehand as I'm not sure if they only do the tours for larger groups.

It would be good to hear about your experiences if you do decide to do the tour! Have fun!

physoc
physoc
9 posts
Oct 1, 2014 - 7:25 PM in reply to Askswiss
Get your Rugenbräu at the nearest Coop. It's the cheapest, if that's important to you.
Askswiss
Askswiss
9 posts
Oct 2, 2014 - 2:43 AM

Thank you all. Will check it out when I am there. By the way, where can I get vacuum packed 'Bündnerfleisch'? Do they sell in Coop or Migros? My last stop will be Zürich. Thank you in advance.

Olga
Olga
461 posts
top member
Oct 2, 2014 - 6:07 AM in reply to Askswiss

Hello Askswiss,

Yes, Bünderfleisch is sold in both Coop and Migros.

Have fun in Switzerland,

Olga

Last modified on Oct 2, 2014 - 2:13 PM by Olga
Askswiss
Askswiss
9 posts
Oct 2, 2014 - 8:23 AM in reply to Olga

Thanks a lot Olga.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016