Swiss cable car tickets via SBB mobile app

• Pat_yap2004
    Participant
    9 posts
    19 July 2022 at 8:28:03 #827811

Hi, I plan to purchase tic for cable car rides using the SBB app. Where can these tickets be retrieved and displayed? I currently have yet to purchase any tic so can’t see any.

So at the cable car gates, I only need to retrieve this tic and under the scanner at the gates?

Thank you again.

regards

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    19 July 2022 at 18:02:27 #944480

Hi Pat,

I’m not sure about the app, but if you purchase your tickets from the SBB tourist web shop, you’ll receive a PDF with a QR-code within minutes. You can keep that on your phone or print it. Please see https://shop.switzerlandtravelcentre.com/#/en/home. They don’t sell all cable car tickets but they do offer the most popular ones.

Once you’re there you can either pass the gates, or you’ll receive a free ticket that works for the gates. It depends on their system.

Anna
    6279 posts
    19 July 2022 at 18:04:56 #944481

Hi Pat yap2004,

Most mountain transportation are run by private operators. So in some cases you usually have to buy the cable car tickets separately either from a ticket machine, at the counter or from the official website. If you have a rail pass, you either pay half-price or get a free ride depending on which rail pass you have.

Let us know if you need more info.

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Swiss cable car tickets via SBB mobile app’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.