Swiss card – return trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 July 2010 at 7:06:43 #803886

Hello,
    My husband and I are planning on purchasing Swiss cards for our 2 weeks in Switzerland. We initiate our trip at the Zurich airport. My husband will return to the Zurich airport from Zermatt. On a later date (w/in the month validity period), I will return to Zurich from Geneva. Are we still both covered with the free return trip even though we are returning separately from different dates and locations?

Thanks a lot,
    Lori

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    2 July 2010 at 3:05:06 #831481

Hello Lori,

The conditions for free travelling on your first trip from and last trip to a Swiss airport or border station are:
    – the trip should be made within 24 hours after/before your flight
    -the trip should be made along the shortest/direct route.

As you both have your own Swiss Card there will be no problem returning separately from different dates and locations.

Enjoy your stay!

• The thread ‘Swiss card – return trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.