Swiss Half Fare pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2013 at 21:58:34 #805985

Hi,

I would like to buy 4 Swiss Half Passes for 4 individual travelers and deliver them together to Hong Kong, in one DHL delivery.
    Would it be a single Pass or 4 individual pass?

Thanks!

Derek

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    3 May 2013 at 3:17:09 #838640

Hi Derek,

You need to order the Swiss Half Fare Card for 4 adults. You will receive 4 cards. Ordering can be done here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2013 at 12:52:14 #838641

Thank you for your reply.
    Then I can purchase the 4 fare passes together and ship them in one DHL shipment.

I’ve another question.
    I will go to Interlaken and then Zermatt in Mid-June, and I want to have some fun on skiing. Apart from skinning at Matterhorn glacier paradise, is there any place for skiing along the cable car stations from Furi to Matterhorn glacier paradise? Any skiing available in Trockenersteg? Or any other place nearby? I’m afraid the altitude (3883m) at Klein Matterhorn will be difficult to ski there, as I got some feeling when I was in Mont Blanc last year at 38xx meters.

Also, what do you think between Matterhorn glacier paradise and Jungfraujoch? Which place is better for sightseeing and skiing?

Finally, is there any mountain bike for renting at Rotenboden or near Riffelalp?

Thanks again!
    Derek

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 May 2013 at 13:10:38 #838642

Hi Derek,

Skiing will not be possible from Furi. Trockener Steg might be an option, but of course it depends on the weather and snow conditions at that time. The altitude is definitely a factor to consider. Take the time to acclimate and do a bit more every day, if possible.

Ski facilities at the glacier near Zermatt are better than at the Jungfraujoch. You can do guided ski tours from the Jungfraujoch, but it’s not really a winter sports area with lifts, etc. The surrouding area is, but only in Winter.

I don’t know of any bike rental in the mountains. You’d best rent one in the village and take it up there in the Gornergrat train.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2013 at 13:39:32 #838643

Thank you for your reply.

Can I know more about from the price from Interlaken Ost to First? The around trip is CHF 78.60. However, my hotel is near Interlaken West Station? Can this ticket price also applied?
    Or I need to pay CHF5 going to Interlaken OST first?

How can I buy this CHF78.6 ticket actually? Can I buy it in the train station in Interlaken?

http://www.jungfrau.ch/en/tourism/travel-information/tickets-fares/interlaken-ost/prices-for-individual-travellers/

Thanks!
    Derek

Arno
    15484 posts
    5 May 2013 at 3:43:24 #838644

Hi Derek,

You can just walk to Interlaken Ost in about 25 minutes, or take a train from the West station for a few francs extra. Tickets can be purchased at either station.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2013 at 4:42:24 #838645

Hi Arno,

I’ve just received my Swiss Half Fare pass. Do I need to write my name and passport number on it or I need to check it in when I arrive Swiss Train station?

Thx!
    Derek

Arno
    15484 posts
    13 May 2013 at 5:06:37 #838646

Hi Derek,

You don’t need to go to a station, you can fill it out yourself. If you received a German version, this may help:

• Name/vorname: Your last name, then your first name;
    • Land: Your country of residence;
    • Pass/id-nr: Your passport number.
  • The thread ‘Swiss Half Fare pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.