Swiss Half Fare pass

Swiss Half Fare pass

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
ksderek
ksderek
4 posts
May 2, 2013 - 11:58 PM
Hi,

I would like to buy 4 Swiss Half Passes for 4 individual travelers and deliver them together to Hong Kong, in one DHL delivery.
Would it be a single Pass or 4 individual pass?

Thanks!

Derek
Arno
Arno
7718 posts
expert &
May 3, 2013 - 3:17 AM
Hi Derek,

You need to order the Swiss Half Fare Card for 4 adults. You will receive 4 cards. Ordering can be done here.
ksderek
ksderek
4 posts
May 4, 2013 - 12:52 PM
Thank you for your reply.
Then I can purchase the 4 fare passes together and ship them in one DHL shipment.

I've another question.
I will go to Interlaken and then Zermatt in Mid-June, and I want to have some fun on skiing. Apart from skinning at Matterhorn glacier paradise, is there any place for skiing along the cable car stations from Furi to Matterhorn glacier paradise? Any skiing available in Trockenersteg? Or any other place nearby? I'm afraid the altitude (3883m) at Klein Matterhorn will be difficult to ski there, as I got some feeling when I was in Mont Blanc last year at 38xx meters.

Also, what do you think between Matterhorn glacier paradise and Jungfraujoch? Which place is better for sightseeing and skiing?

Finally, is there any mountain bike for renting at Rotenboden or near Riffelalp?

Thanks again!
Derek
Arno
Arno
7718 posts
expert &
May 4, 2013 - 1:10 PM
Hi Derek,

Skiing will not be possible from Furi. Trockener Steg might be an option, but of course it depends on the weather and snow conditions at that time. The altitude is definitely a factor to consider. Take the time to acclimate and do a bit more every day, if possible.

Ski facilities at the glacier near Zermatt are better than at the Jungfraujoch. You can do guided ski tours from the Jungfraujoch, but it's not really a winter sports area with lifts, etc. The surrouding area is, but only in Winter.

I don't know of any bike rental in the mountains. You'd best rent one in the village and take it up there in the Gornergrat train.
ksderek
ksderek
4 posts
May 4, 2013 - 1:39 PM
Thank you for your reply.

Can I know more about from the price from Interlaken Ost to First? The around trip is CHF 78.60. However, my hotel is near Interlaken West Station? Can this ticket price also applied?
Or I need to pay CHF5 going to Interlaken OST first?

How can I buy this CHF78.6 ticket actually? Can I buy it in the train station in Interlaken?

http://www.jungfrau.ch/en/tourism/travel-information/tickets-fares/interlaken-ost/prices-for-individual-travellers/

Thanks!
Derek
Arno
Arno
7718 posts
expert &
May 5, 2013 - 3:43 AM
Hi Derek,

You can just walk to Interlaken Ost in about 25 minutes, or take a train from the West station for a few francs extra. Tickets can be purchased at either station.
ksderek
ksderek
4 posts
May 13, 2013 - 4:42 AM
Hi Arno,

I've just received my Swiss Half Fare pass. Do I need to write my name and passport number on it or I need to check it in when I arrive Swiss Train station?

Thx!
Derek
Arno
Arno
7718 posts
expert &
May 13, 2013 - 5:06 AM
Hi Derek,

You don't need to go to a station, you can fill it out yourself. If you received a German version, this may help:
  • Name/vorname: Your last name, then your first name;
  • Land: Your country of residence;
  • Pass/id-nr: Your passport number.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016