Swiss in a week with toddler and infant

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 July 2014 at 15:13:25 #806509

Hi there,

I will be traveling in a group of 6 which includes a 3 yr old toddler and a 6 month old infant, end of August. We have 7 days6nights and would be travelling in from Germany and flying off from Zurich.

Places we would like to cover include Berne, lucerne, interlaken and Zurich.

Given the 2 little kids in toll, we figured that we cant be that adventurous and pack in too much. We are happy to take a leisurely tour of Switzerland.

In particular, I would like to find out if there are any concerns with bringing kids up high altitudes and whether we should hop from place to place, or be based at one place and do trips out.

Any advise would be much appreciated!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    13 July 2014 at 13:25:42 #840605

Hi cxinyi,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! My choice for one week with small children would be to stay in one base and do day trips from there. The right base depends on your interests. Lucerne would be a good base as there is much to do and all 4 locations you listed can be reached from there. But do you really want to focus on larger towns and cities? I would recommend to allocate more time to visit the mountains and the lakes.

You can start with this guide about how to plan a trip to Switzerland, and browse the pages on MySwissAlps about towns/regions and attractions. That should give you an idea about the options.

Infants should not be taken to high altitudes. Details can be found on our pages about the higher viewing points, such as the Jungfraujoch.

• The thread ‘Swiss in a week with toddler and infant’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.