Swiss Pass or Individual Tickets?

Swiss Pass or Individual Tickets?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
kyliecsy
kyliecsy
2 posts
Jul 29, 2012 - 11:54 AM
Hello,
I need some advice on which Swiss rail pass to purchase with regards to my itinerary. Would really appreciate if anyone can help me out :-)
7th Oct - Arrive at Zurich Airport @ 9.30am. Plan to head straight to Zermatt. One night stay in Zermatt.
8th Oct - Hike nearby Zermatt. Late evening depart for Lauterbrunnen. Arrive Lauterbrunnen by night. One night stay.
9th Oct - Hike Grindelwald. One night stay in Lauterbrunnen.
10th Oct- Hike Wengen or Murren. Evening, Depart Lauterbrunnen for Lugano ( purpose of going to Lugano is the Foxtown
Outlet Mall Shopping. One night hostel stay in Lugano?
11th Oct - Shopping at FOxtown. Depart to Milan in the evening.

I read that the theres a 1 for 1 promotion for the 4-day Swiss Saver Pass. After discount, me and my friend will be paying CHF 226 per person for 2nd class travel. Im wondering if this is the cheapest way for both of us to travel ( with the idea that we fork out additional money to pay for our last day travel on 11th Oct)
Or, would it be cheaper if we just buy individual tickets for trains+cable cars?
Looking forward to some replies :-)

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Kylie
Annika
Annika
4355 posts
expert &
Jul 30, 2012 - 5:21 AM
Hi Kylie, and welcome the forum. The 2 for 1 offer on the 4 day Swiss Saver Pass is definitely your best choice. Actually, you'll only pay CHF 226.00 for the both of you, not per person!

You'll have to buy a regular ticket for your trip to Milan on October 11, but since you're already close to the Swiss/Italian border you wouldn't really profit from your Swiss Pass that day anyway. So using your pass for October 7 to October 10 would be perfect. Prices for your trip to Milan are available in the timetable.
Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 4:35 PM by Arno

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016