Swiss Pass Train

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 January 2013 at 9:11:22 #805748

I will visit my daughter who is studying in Swizterland this coming 23rd March 2013. I stay 1 week there and will go to Paris for 2 days with her. Which train ticket should i buy for using in Switzerland ( buy 1 ticket but can use it for 10 days) and go to Paris.
    Many thanks

Regards,
    May

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    15 January 2013 at 14:02:08 #837910

Hi May,

Did you email this question as well? I have replied to that. Please feel free to post further questions here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 January 2013 at 4:37:29 #837911

Dear Arno,

Yes, thanks a lot. It is really helpful. Btw, which one is cheaper, to buy the ticket online here or in the train station when i touch down Geneva?

Regards,
    May

Arno
    15484 posts
    16 January 2013 at 4:54:04 #837912

Hi May,

That depends on many different things such as exchange rates, your country of residence, and if you can make use of reseller promotions. All these factors are taken into account if you take a look at the prices on the Swiss Pass page. Just fill out your country, pass type, etc., and you’ll see all details.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 January 2013 at 6:24:02 #837913

Hi Arno,

I just checked, the price is for 2 adult, and i just travel alone. Beside, it is cheaper if i buy it at Switzerland. if I buy it at Switzerland, can I buy for one person?
    Btw, i need night train from Le Bouveret to Paris. Where can i check the ticket price and timeline?
    Thanks again

Regards,
    May

Arno
    15484 posts
    16 January 2013 at 6:35:16 #837914

Hi May,

You need to select a Swiss Pass from the list, not a Swiss Saver Pass which is indeed for two or more people. Here's the timetable. A train to Paris requires a seat reservation, so you need to book in advance anyway. Purchasing along the Swiss Pass would possibly be cheaper as you’re spending more and some resellers have promo codes that you can apply for minimum amounts. You can find them in the forum, and I expect more to come in the next month or so.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 January 2013 at 9:24:37 #837915

Dear Arno,
    I will travelling from Milan to Zermatt, but transit at Brig.
    Can I only buy the Swiss Saver Pass in Brig? Or do we need to buy Swiss Saver Pass in Milan?

Arno
    15484 posts
    16 January 2013 at 9:55:53 #837916

Hi hengkiang, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

You can best buy it online in advance as in that case you can travel for free from Domodossola in Italy, instead of just from Brig (also you don’t have to spend time at the ticket office). I don’t think it will be for sale in Milan. Please find all purchase options at the Swiss Pass page as explained to May.

If you have further questions, please open a topic of your own.

Enjoy your trip!

• The thread ‘Swiss Pass Train’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.