Swiss train queries

Swiss train queries

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
adsha
adsha
11 posts
Apr 29, 2013 - 9:01 AM
1. I am trying to find the train ticket from Interlaken to Venice on 20th june on SBB website, but I am finding only one route avialable in the morning at around 8:05 am (Via Spiez - Brig). Is the timetable not relased yet or there is no more connecivity on this route.
2. I am planning to book non-refundable train tickets for Paris-Interlaken-Venice route to save some money. Can I book the tickets in first week of June for travelling in mid-june. OR there can be a avaialiblity issue or price will increase as the travelling date approaches.

Thanks in advance as I always received detailed reply for my queries.
hemvarsha
hemvarsha
11 posts
Apr 29, 2013 - 12:41 PM
From paris to Interlaken,, you can book tickets on http://en.voyages-sncf.com/en/ ,, i booked Paris to basel for 25 Euro 4 days back for month of august 2013.

for train from Interlaken to Venice refer http://www.tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g187768-i20-k6317972-Venice_paris_4_days-Italy.html#48412648

Re: venice-paris (4 days)
29 March 2013, 20:13
I'd go Venice-Milan booked in advance at www.trenitalia.com, train every hour, fares from €9.
Then take the little local train from Milan to Tirano, ideally the 10:20 as this connects with the Bernina Express itself (as opposed to regular trains), fare €10.20, buy at the station, no reservation necessary or possible, check times at www.trenord.it
Then take the fabulous Bernina Express from Tirano to Chur, www.rhb.ch - it has special panoramic cars, and is one of THE most fantastic scenic trains in Europe.
Then connection to Zurich, www.sbb.ch

adsha said: 1. I am trying to find the train ticket from Interlaken to Venice on 20th june on SBB website, but I am finding only one route avialable in the morning at around 8:05 am (Via Spiez - Brig). Is the timetable not relased yet or there is no more connecivity on this route.
2. I am planning to book non-refundable train tickets for Paris-Interlaken-Venice route to save some money. Can I book the tickets in first week of June for travelling in mid-june. OR there can be a avaialiblity issue or price will increase as the travelling date approaches.

Thanks in advance as I always received detailed reply for my queries.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016