Mar 18, 2013 - 1:41 AM
Thanks for your compliments; that's good to hear! As for your questions:
1. April 4 is too ambitious indeed. I suggest to move half of your plans to April 6. The Trümmelbach Falls open in early April, but the exact day depends on the weather, so you need to check for that locally. As costs are important to you: on April 5 you can consider to visit the Rigi mountain and combine that with a boat ride from Vitznau back to Lucerne. This whole trip would be free with your Swiss Pass.
2. You can take any other train and then you do not need a reservation. You can just board with your pass.
3. I agree with you that a 4-day Swiss Saver Pass is a good idea. Your children travel along for free if you order along the free Swiss Family Card. You could travel to Bern in the evening of April 6 using your pass, thus saving more money. Where are you from? In India, you can get the pass here
. All purchase options, delivery times and further details are listed here
. Hotels near the Bern rail station are here
3a. You don't need tickets for the children. See 3.
4. See 1. I would advice to do some hiking. Suggestions are listed here
, but please check locally which trails are open as many high altitude trails will still be covered in snow.
5. You can take any train, see 2.
6. Interlaken is the best base for your plans. Suggested hotels near the rail stations can be found here
7. See my comments above. I think you'll have a great trip. Now hope for good weather!
Enjoy your stay!
Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 4:35 PM by Arno