To validate Swiss Pass on border train

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 March 2012 at 3:02:50 #805019

Dear Sir

We already bought swiss pass via STC, however, we would like to ask for the pass validation. As I’ll travelling from Milan to Zurich, to validate swiss pass when train arriving Chiasso, I only write-down date and passport number on the pass, is that enough for ticket validation.
    In addition, when i buy ticket at Milan train station do i need to show my swiss pass and pay only for Italy pass (in this case i think pay for Milan to Chiasso, right?) and can use Swiss pass for the rest of Swiss towns, is that correct? . Hope anyone can help me, Thank you very much.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    15 March 2012 at 11:34:54 #835161

Dear aumsk,

A Swiss Saver Pass bought through STC can be validated by yourself. Write down your name, passport number and country on the front ticket. There’s a second ticket stapled to the first one. Write down the same info about the remaining travelers on that ticket. You’re ready to go now. Nothing else is needed.

You don’t need to show your Swiss Pass while buying the ticket in Italy. Just ask for a ticket to Chiasso. The Swiss Pass will cover the rest of your trip.

Enjoy the ride!

• The thread ‘To validate Swiss Pass on border train’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.