Train & boat travel in Thun and Lucerne

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 June 2017 at 0:08:53 #812451

Hi,

I need to ask few tips for Interlaken & Lucerne area.

I am coming from Basel to Interlaken and noticed train stopped at Thun railway station.And boat jetty is next to railway station.

Want to ask can we take a boat trip with hand carry luggage & light weight child stroller?

Also, while traveling to Lucerne train stop at Alpnachstad Station, so going to MT Pilatus can we take the same hand carry luggage and stroller?

Last question I found this timetable for Lake Thun Boat trip: http://www.bls.ch/-/media/bls/pdf/fahrpla ene/schiff/fahrplan-2017.pdf

on page 9 its say boat 15:40 departure from THUN, is this correct time for the month of July?

Regards,

Syed

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 June 2017 at 5:52:16 #865941

Hi Syed,

>> I am coming from Basel to Interlaken and noticed train stopped at Thun railway station.And boat jetty is next to railway station. Want to ask can we take a boat trip with hand carry luggage & light weight child stroller?

Yes, that will be fine.

>> Also, while traveling to Lucerne train stop at Alpnachstad Station, so going to MT Pilatus can we take the same hand carry luggage and stroller?

Yes, hand luggage will be OK, and the stroller will be OK if it folds up.

>> Last question I found this timetable for Lake Thun Boat trip

http://www.bls.ch/-/media/bls/pdf/fahrpla ene/schiff/fahrplan-2017.pdf

on page 9 its say boat 15:40 departure from THUN, is this correct time for the month of July?

Yes, it is.

That should be a very nice trip!

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 June 2017 at 5:57:10 #865942

Hi Alpenrose,

Thanks alot for your reply.

Just one more question I need to ask from THUN (see) boat only depart at 15:40 and 18:40 in evening? no other times in between?

Thanks,

Syed Hussain

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 June 2017 at 7:43:58 #865943

>> Just one more question I need to ask from THUN (see) boat only depart at 15:40 and 18:40 in evening? no other times in between?

That’s right.

And the 18:40 only runs Tuesday to Saturday between 13 May and 23 Sep (but not on 1 August). That’s what the red squiggly line and the letter “F” means.

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Train & boat travel in Thun and Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.