Train from Zurich May 18 to Bern &/or Thun

Train from Zurich May 18 to Bern &/or Thun

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Cobra
Cobra
6 posts
Mar 13, 2016 - 8:58 PM

I have a friend landing in Zurich May 18 at 14:45. Rather than me driving from Thun to greet him I prefer he train to Bern and if the timing is good then onto to Thun. Is there a schedule you are able to share? Thx!

Arno
Arno
7723 posts
expert &
Mar 13, 2016 - 9:09 PM

Hi Cobra, it's all in the timetable.

Cobra
Cobra
6 posts
Mar 13, 2016 - 9:20 PM in reply to Arno

Thx, I should have dug deeper.

maggiehorswell
maggiehorswell
318 posts
top member
Mar 13, 2016 - 10:07 PM in reply to Cobra

Hi Cobra

If your friend gets through customs etc. quickly enough (will he have a pass or will he need to buy a ticket?) there is a through train direct to Thun at 15.40 leaving from platform 3. It arrives in Thun at 17.24. Exactly same at 16.40. In between there is a train at 16.18 from platform 4 which arrives in Bern on platform 5 at 17.28, with a connection to Thun at 17.34 from platform 6, arriving Thun at 17.52. 6 minutes doesn't seem long to make the connection in Bern but it is normal! If he didn't make it he would find it not long to wait for another train to Thun as they are quite frequent. There are timetables on the platforms where he could look up the next train and its departure platform.

Hope this helps.

Maggie

Cobra
Cobra
6 posts
Mar 13, 2016 - 10:11 PM in reply to maggiehorswell

Thx Maggie, we will need to buy the ticket. will cut and paste your summary so he has it all in one place.

Kind regards,

BMF

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016