Travel passes – paper format vs print at home

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 August 2016 at 12:38:28 #809836

Hi,

I was able to find a sample of the swiss travel pass if you print at home, however my question is does it come in a different format (ie. card form) if you have them mail it to you or if you purchase it when arrive in Switzerland. I am just wondering how that paper pass will hold up over my trip?

Thank you!

T

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    9 August 2016 at 13:44:45 #854921

Hi T,

If you order a physical paper pass the shape and form differs a bit per retailer. Usually it has a plastic or paper cover. I have never had an issue with it during holidays. Just keep it dry and in a wallet or something. And make sure you don’t loose it. I recommend print at home passes if you have the choice. You’ll have an electronic copy so you can always print it again if necessary. Basically you can’t loose it. Plus, it’s quicker and sometimes cheaper to get it through e-mail.

You’ll find Swiss Travel Pass purchase options here. If you want to order directly from the Swiss Railways you can go to http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the pass (no delivery fees), so you can print it at home.

• The thread ‘Travel passes – paper format vs print at home’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.