One day trip to Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 July 2015 at 14:25:39 #807605

We staying one day in zurich .which tour option as day trip is worth doing ?city tour and rhine falls or tour of rhine falls and black forest from zurich

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    23 July 2015 at 13:35:52 #844652

Hi rubenahameed,

You can take a look at this thread with a similar question. I would forget about the Black Forest. It’s too far away to enjoy as a day trip. I know that tours like that are being offered, but I would concentrate on nearby sightseeing if you only have one day.

If you prefer guided tours you can have a look at http://www.viator.com/ en/Zurich.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    23 July 2015 at 22:47:35 #844653

And, for half a day, you can do your own tour of Zürich with a walking map from the tourist info in the main station, if you wish.

The attractive parts of the old city are close together, good for walking, and if you choose to buy a day card for the trams, you c an use them to get around very well.

(There are different day cards, and one of the better ones is the “9 Uhr” — “9 O’clock” — card. Good after the rush hour ( from 9AM ’til midnight.) But, there are others, ask at the tourist office.

Zürich has a very walkable old town on both sides of the river. Some of the nicest sites – such as the Lindenhof- cannot be reached except on foot. On the other side of the river, the Niederdorf part of the old city (“Lower Village”) is best explored on foot.

• The thread ‘One day trip to Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.