Extra travel days if you live in India, AU, NZ

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 October 2016 at 7:40:36 #856288

Hi all.

I am astounded at what a wonderful site this is! So informative and helpful.Thank you This is my first post.

Would the Swiss pass be worth our while considering the train travel we will be doing? I think so but you are the one to ask! Which Swiss pass days would be best as there are some promotions on in Australia at the moment

• I am travelling with my son to Switzerland from 12 – 18th December. 7 days total.The following plans are not set in stone as there is so much to see in Switzerland!Quite Happy if you can suggest a better route but have flexible reservations on hotels at moment. I have become a little overwhelmed with it all and seriously need some help.
    • Initial plans are:Dec 12 Arrive Zurich -train to Lucerne and catch the Golden pass line same day to either Interlaken (stay one night ) or straight through to Montreaux and stay (2 nights as want to see Xmas markets! ) Thought Perhaps train back to Interlaken one of the days to go up to the Jungfrau? What doyou think is best? Not sure whether to do both interlaken and Montreaux as overnighters or just stay 2 nights in Montreaux as it looks such a beautful place with more to do?
    • From Montreaux catch train (which?) to Zermatt (stay one night )
    • Depart Zermatt on Glacier express on 15th December to St Moritz Stayin St moritz
    • Are winter tickets now out to buy Glacier Express.
    • Then what would be the best way to get back to Zurich as I fly out to Paris on 18th I have not booked a flight out of Switzerland yet so it does not have to be Zurich if there are easier or more beautiful ways to leave this lovely place.
    • look forward to your replies. Thank you
    Arno
    15484 posts
    26 October 2016 at 9:56:28 #856289

Hi Lisac,

Welcome to MySwissAlps and thank you for your nice words about our website! Would you mind posting your questions in a new thread? This thread is about a Swiss Travel Pass promotion, not to discuss itineraries. Please post here instead. Thanks!

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The thread ‘Extra travel days if you live in India, AU, NZ’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.