Venice-Interlaken-Paris. Whats the best train pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2015 at 4:44:27 #807121

I plan to travel from Venice to Interlaken on August 1, stay at India Village and check out on 3rd for Paris. Need to know what is the best train pass to go for. On 2nd, plan to go either for Mt.Titlis tour or Jungfraujoch. I am travelling with my wife and 2 children. Want to make best use of limited time which would be half day on 1st, 2nd full day, 3rd half day. Need to remain flexible in terms of arrival and departure timings.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    24 April 2015 at 18:04:38 #842660

Hi fmk1313!

Depending on your plans for day 2, either a 3 day Swiss Travel Pass or a Swiss Half Fare Card will suit your needs. Please follow the links to both passes to compare them and see which of them appeals to you most.

As for planning: the timetable will help you find out what’s realistic. I would stick to the Interlaken area for such a short stay if I were you. The Jungfraujoch is much closer to Interlaken than the Titlis. Traveling to the Titlis and returning to Interlaken will take a full day, while visiting the Jungfraujouch could be limited to half a day, which allows you to enjoy one of the many other activities in the Jungfrau region. If you pick some shorter trips directly from Interlaken, like a boat trip over Lake Thun or Lake Brienz, you can also make optimal use of your time on day 1 and 3.

• The thread ‘Venice-Interlaken-Paris. Whats the best train pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.