Viewing Swiss hiking route on Google Maps app

Viewing Swiss hiking route on Google Maps app

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
swissfans
swissfans
15 posts
Aug 11, 2017 - 4:25 AM

The Hiking route information given in this website is very useful and I wonder if there are any ways to put the route on Google Maps App so that my position and the route can be viewed at the same time. If that is not possible. Are there any other alternatives ?

Lucas
Lucas
2464 posts
top member &
Aug 11, 2017 - 9:58 AM in reply to swissfans

Hi Swissfans,

Have a look at http://www.wanderland. ch/en/hiking-in-switzerland.html
There are online maps there and an app as well.

Lucas

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
3492 posts
expert
Aug 11, 2017 - 9:44 PM in reply to swissfans

Hi Swissfans-

Also, see:

www.swisstopo.admin.ch /

Swisstopo is the map site of the federation land office, and has many high quality map services, including an app.

Slowpoke

Arno
Arno
9360 posts
expert &
Aug 12, 2017 - 9:23 AM

Hello Swissfans,

That's a good idea! We might be able to add that functionality to our website. Each of our hiking suggestions already shows a Google map on the Route tab, e.g. www.myswissalps.com/hi king/bachsee/route. If you open such a page on a cell phone you can enlarge the map to full screen. The only thing missing there is a button that allows showing your location. I've added this to our to do list to hopefully make that possible in the future.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017