Which currency to bring to Switzerand-CHF or Euro?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 February 2015 at 5:34:37 #806925

Hi Arno and Annika,

Do I have to bring CHF only or Euro is also accepted everywhere in Switzerland? What about US$?

Another thing, If I am not going to Schilthorn, is it still worth going to Engelberg specially from Interlaken to spend a day there or it is just another mountain village like Grindlewald and Lauterbrunnen which I will cover to and from Jungfrau.

One last: can you please suggest closest Chocolate and Cheese factory tour near Interlaken where I can take the kids for fun? I have a 3 day unlimited Swiss Travel Pass.

Thanks (you guys are doing a great job by the way)

Ash

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    27 February 2015 at 20:29:55 #841853

Hi Ash,

Regarding the currency, that’s explained here: myswissalps.com/swissfranc.

The village of Engelberg is not extremely pretty. The monastery is pretty though, and there’s cheese making to watch. There’s a chocolate show at Schuh restaurant in Interlaken.

• The thread ‘Which currency to bring to Switzerand-CHF or Euro?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.