Which Zurich city pass should I get?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2017 at 19:04:14 #811638

Hello, We will be arriving into the Zurich airport on June 22 at 7:00.. We will be traveling by train into Zurich and spending the night and then leaving early the next morning for Meiringen. We will be tired, but will want to see some of Zurich while we are there. There seem to be several options for passes to get into town from the airport and around town. Which do you recommend. We will be using a Swiss Travel Pass for the rest of our trip, but do not have enough days to use it in Zurich. Thanks, Lora

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2017 at 6:46:02 #862615

Hi Lora and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Was that 7pm then? I wouldn’t buy a pass for Zurich. A train ticket to downtown from the airport will about about 8chf. Once in town you can easily walk around the city center and explore without using any trains or trams/buses.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2017 at 2:33:20 #862616

Thanks for the info. We will,be getting in at 7 AM.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2017 at 9:10:04 #862617

Well if you plan on using a few trams or, taking a boat cruise or visiting any museums during the day while in Zurich, take a look at the ZurichCard – there is a link for it on our Zurich page here.

• The thread ‘Which Zurich city pass should I get?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.