Zurich to Zermatt return trip: question

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 July 2011 at 10:56:39 #804512

I’m flying into Zurich. If I buy the Swiss Pass (inclusive of round trip to destination), can I stop and stay in Murren x 1 night before continuing on to Zermatt the next day?
    Also, I’ll be in Zermatt/Tasch for about one week, then training before or after hiking the haute route, and then renting a car for about one week, then training back to Zurich.
    Would the 1/2 fare, or swiss pass be better?
    thank-you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    25 July 2011 at 15:01:15 #833578

Hi cinsjohnson,

You’re asking about the Swiss Pass, but I guess you mean the Swiss Card, right? These are different passes. With the Swiss Pass, you can travel to as many towns as you want using any route you like. The Swiss Card includes a free trip to your destination and back, where each leg needs to be completed in one day and you have to use the most direct route. In your case, you can use it for free trips from Zurich Airport to Mürren and from any Swiss town you’ll end up back to Zurich. In between, you get a 50% discount on tickets such as Mürren – Zermatt. I would say the Swiss Card fits your plans. Please check here for details and purchase options.

• The thread ‘Zurich to Zermatt return trip: question’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.