15 days with Swiss Travel Pass: how to store luggage at train stations

• Waloo
    Participant
    33 posts
    28 April 2024 at 11:48:00 #1466618

Hi

I am planning to get a 15 days swiss travel pass.

While traveling with my luggege on train from city/village to another, I would like to get off train on some train statin for a couple of hours. Is there a place where I can leave my luggage and how much it would cost per hour.

Thank you

Bashnaini

• Yolanda
    2464 posts
    28 April 2024 at 23:16:46 #1466986

Hi Bashnaini,

That’s great you are running with the Swiss Travel Pass for your trip here.  Online purchase options can be found here, super convenient, all emailed to your soon after 🙂

All details in regard to storing luggage at a Swiss rail station is explained below, scroll to “Luggage storage at train stations in Switzerland”:

Most train stations do have storage, but not all.  Do plan ahead and check the rail station in mind to see if they have lockers. Scroll to “Which lockers are available at my preferred railway station?” in the above link.

Kind regards,

Yolanda

Danielsan
    Participant
    647 posts
    30 April 2024 at 10:40:14 #1473791

Hi Waloo,

I traveled this past September for 15 days with the STP. I’m not sure where you’re staying or for how long, but I sent my luggage ahead for each of my destinations, and it worked beautifully. (Perhaps you may want to read my trip report, but I need help getting it here…help…). Many of the larger stations have storage lockers that you can use for overnight storage, but not all. Browse through the links from Yolanda.

When I landed in Zurich, I sent my suitcase to Zermatt, even though my first two nights were spent in Montreux. From Zermatt, I sent my suitcase to Wengen. This gave me the opportunity/freedom to visit the vineyards around Lake Geneva on my way to Montreux without the burden of dragging a suitcase along. It worked out great for my whole trip. Depending on the size of the city/village, etc, the lockers may work out as well. I hope this helps, and you have a great trip..

Regards,

Danielsan

Yolanda
    2464 posts
    1 May 2024 at 9:28:58 #1477966

Hi Waloo,

Here’s the link to our trip report section:

Alternatively, you can key in “Danielsan” in the search box and you can research and find his trip reports that way.

Kind regards,

Yolanda

Annika
    7140 posts
    1 May 2024 at 9:34:05 #1478110

Hi Danielsan! You can find a list of all of your topics and replies on your public profile page. Go to your account page and then click “You can view your public profile here”.

The first part of your trip report series is here: https://www.myswissalps.com/community/thread/2-weeks-in-switzerland-1/. Is that what you were looking for?

Danielsan
    Participant
    647 posts
    2 May 2024 at 5:35:08 #1489656

Hi Annika,

Yes, thank you very much. I did s roll to my trip reports and found nearly every one except this one, for whatever reason. Such is my luck when trying to do things like this…same with trying to attach pics. I just got used to uploading pics when you folks changed things around. After that, uploading pics became impossible for me. Whatever I tried, just didn’t work. Anyway, again, such is my luck, but thank you very kindly. I highly appreciate it.

Warm regards,

Danielsan

Danielsan
    Participant
    647 posts
    2 May 2024 at 10:34:44 #1490547

Hello Waloo,

Below is the link to my trip report, that may give you some insight as to what I was trying to convey earlier.  (Thank you again Annika). I’m not sure when you’re traveling, (unless I missed it) but it may give you some help. 5 years ago, I toted my luggage around with me everywhere, not realizing I could drop it off/send it forward, etc, with the exception of going up to spend the night on Mt Pilatus, in Lucerne. Then, I dropped my big suitcase in a locker at the Lucerne train station and picked it up the following night. This past September, I just sent it forward everywhere I went. The only possible disadvantage is that you need to allow two days before you can pick it up. (But if it’s earlier enough in the day, you may get it there next night. Depends on the busy-ness, and time of year, etc). This coming Seprember, I plan on doing the same. I’m not sure how many people you’re traveling with, or what time of year, but it’s certainly something worth considering. Again, many of the larger stations may accommodate larger luggage so you can travel/explore for a few hours. You can also choose to leave luggage at some certain stations, while exploring, if it may be less expensive then lockers themselves. Again, you can browse through the links Yolanda sent earlier.

I hope you have a great trip.

Regards,

Danielsan

https://www.myswissalps.com/community/thread/2-weeks-in-switzerland-1/

Arno
    15488 posts
    2 May 2024 at 13:06:43 #1490675

Hi Danielsan,

I’m sorry to hear you still can’t attach images. We have been e-mailing about that. Please see my last reply of January 8 and reply to that if you can.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11290 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.