Swiss Travel Pass: different validity area from online map to pdf map

• LNK
    Participant
    2 posts
    19 April 2024 at 13:10:16 #1432403

Hello everybody,

I often come here to read some accurate informations about travelling through Switzerland. I am confused about BUSES from Buchs or Sargans to Feldkirch (via the Liechtenstein). On the pdf version of the Swiss Travel Pass, buses are indeed included, but on the online version (https://www.sbb.ch/en/tickets-offers/travelcards/area-validity-map.html) there are no buses available for STP holders.

Can someone help me get the right answer (We are a family of five and we plan to get a cheaper accomodotion in Feldkirch and cross the border).

Thank you.

Attachments:
  • Anna
    6401 posts
    19 April 2024 at 22:14:49 #1433825

Hi LNK,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

The Swiss Travel Pass is valid on the bus services between Sargans/ Buchs and Feldkirch.

You can view and download the Swiss Travel Pass validity map here: https://www.myswissalps.com/travel-ticket/swiss-travel-pass/#downloads

Regards,

Anna

LNK
    Participant
    2 posts
    19 April 2024 at 22:27:23 #1433827

Hi Anna,

Thank you for answering. You are right! I asked in another forum and one person helped me find the problem and I want to share it with other users! The issue is the zoom used!

If the zoom is medium, the online map (which by the way is more complete for buses than the pdf one), there are few buses and no bus to Feldkirch. Here in the first screenshot I posted. Then if you zoom really really well iot’s magic ! A lot of buses routes and villages appear (as you can see in this other screenshot) !

I hope it will help others. Thank you!

Annika
    7132 posts
    21 April 2024 at 10:19:32 #1436301

Thanks for sharing LNK! Yes, more details become visible as you zoom in.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11150 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.