Hotel Wengener Hof, Wengen: still in business?

• Leed1
    Participant
    7 posts
    25 April 2024 at 11:34:08 #1460472

We stayed in wengener hog hotel in wengen a few years ago and it was really good, it’s up the hill in Wengen. Anyone knows if it still exists?
    Thanks!

• pvonk
    Participant
    386 posts
    25 April 2024 at 13:44:12 #1461277

I was there a year ago and at the time the owner was just starting to look to sell the hotel.  I loved the rooms and location, right in town with an outstanding view.  Restaurant was also great.  I just check at Agoda.com (hotel bookings) and it does offer dates this summer for reservations.  So, I’m assuming Wengener Hof is still in business.  I certainly hope so as this is my favorite hotel in Wengen.

kim11
    Participant
    606 posts
    25 April 2024 at 18:21:47 #1461419

Sadly, the Hotel Wengener Hof Google Business Page shows the hotel as permanently closed.  That said, I read somewhere not too long ago that the same hospitality group bought several hotel properties in Wengen, including the Wengenerhof, all (or at least some of which) were slated for significant reconstruction.  I can’t seem to find that anywhere now.

Suggest you try the contact info linked to the hotel and see who answers. And/or reach out to the Wengen tourist office [email protected]. Let us know what you find out!

Yolanda
    2412 posts
    25 April 2024 at 20:05:04 #1461423

Hi Leed1,

In case you wanted to take a look at other hotels in Wengen, there are some suggestions in the attached link:

Kind regards,

Yolanda

pvonk
    Participant
    386 posts
    25 April 2024 at 20:15:55 #1461424

Oh, my… I got the wrong hotel in mind.  Last year my family stayed at the Hotel Schoenegg.  That’s the one I was referring to above.  My favorite.  It was 4 or 5 years ago that we stayed at the Wengener Hof (that’s why the name stuck in my mind).

The Wengener Hof was indeed up a hill and further from the train station.  The rooms were nice, it’s just that the walk to/from town was a bit longer and not flat.  A year ago when I stayed at the Hotel Schoenegg, I walked to the Wengener to see it again and was surprised to see it in the midst of a major reconstruction.  Sorry about my confusion.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11190 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.