About the forum rules
You are most welcome to post to our forums. Posting means that you agree to comply to the forum rules that are explained here.
We aim to make the forum a friendly and helpful place for everyone. We highly appreciate your willingness to spend a few minutes reading our rules.
Prepare before you post
- The MySwissAlps team and other volunteers are glad to help you, but ultimately, you are responsible for your trip planning;
- Please first try to find answers yourself. Nearly everything you need to plan is available on our website. The search box at the top of the website is useful;
- We do not create itineraries. You'd better do that yourself as you know your interests and budget best. We'd be glad to comment on your itinerary if you post it to the forum and ask questions;
- There are multiple forums. Please be sure to post to the right forum:
- You can either create a new thread or add a post to an existing thread. In most cases, creating a new thread is best if you want to ask a question. Post to an existing thread if you can answer a question posted there, or if your question is very close related to the discussion.
How to write
- Please provide enough information. For example: the question "What can I do in 7 days in Interlaken?" can be answered much better if you include some information about your interests, preferences, when you plan to travel, age of the travelers, etc.;
- Spell location names correctly. There are many places in Switzerland with almost the same name, so you can easily confuse readers if you're not spelling correctly;
- Writing in capitals only is not allowed;
- A clear thread title is more likely to get attention. For example: "How to find easy hiking trails near Interlaken?" is much better than "Info required";
- Duplicate posts are not allowed;
- Write in English only;
- Avoid "text talk" (for example: "r u" instead of "are you");
- The name of the country is "Switzerland", not "Swiss";
- Your post should be easy to read. Use bullet lists and line breaks;
- Your posts can be read by everyone, so do not post private data of yourself or others. (e.g. e-mail addresses and phone numbers);
- Spamming and advertising are not allowed. You are allowed to mention your business if it's relevant in the discussion;
- Do not reply to spam messages. We'll remove such posts as soon as possible;
- Please make sure that your posts do not contain any material that may infringe upon the copyright of third parties;
- You may only use one account to post on the forum. Using multiple accounts is considered spamming.
Be polite and patient
- All posts will be answered. Please be patient;
- Please be polite, even if you write about a company, service or answer you're not satisfied with. Insults, cursing, etc. are not allowed;
- Don't be judgmental. People have different interests and different travel styles. That's okay;
- People spend time to answer your questions. A "thank you" will be appreciated;
- A good way to show your gratitude is to post a trip report once you've returned from Switzerland.
What happens if you don't comply to the rules?
We may edit or remove your post. In case of violations such as spamming, your post and user account will be deleted without warning.
Please note that only the moderators can interpret, apply and change the forum rules.