10-12 days in Switerzland in Dec 2014

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 April 2014 at 8:19:57 #806333

Hi, my family of 4 (hubby, sons 18 y.o., 16 y.o. and myself) plans to visit Switerzland around 1-14 December 2014. We have totally no clue about Switerzland but would love to visit the Alps and some nice places. 1. Is it a good timing to visit the Swiss Alps in beginning Dec? 2. Please recommend how to go there from Singapore and suggest any other places. We do not want a rush itinerary. Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    28 April 2014 at 12:16:41 #839842

Hi pacetone, welcome to our website,

1. Early December is low season. Some ski resorts may be open, depending on the snow conditions. Cable cars and other mountain transport could be closed for maintenance, or for the entire Winter season. Having said that, if you do some planning and pay attention to the timetable of the various modes of transport, you can have a great time in any season. The most important thing is that the weather is good, but you won’t know that until you are there.

2. You would fly to Zurich airport. Tickets can be found here.

There are plenty of tips on our website to plan your stay. My suggestion is to start here. Once you have a plan, feel free to get back to the forum for further questions.

• The thread ‘10-12 days in Switerzland in Dec 2014’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.