14 day trip report Switzerland in April-May 2019

• Amitrp
    Participant
    33 posts
    10 July 2019 at 9:00:37 #822762

Firstly, I am very sorry for the delay in submitting my trip report. The trip report became a little lengthy and my lethargy delayed it. I want to profusely thank myswissalps.com team & members for their timely support, encouragement etc which propelled me to undertake this tour independently.

In case of any mistakes or errors in the report, the same are entirely mine. I request to point out the same.

Please go through the attachments.

Amit RP

Mumbai

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Shroffchetan
    Participant
    255 posts
    11 July 2019 at 5:31:01 #917413

very nice itinerary and trip report

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2019 at 15:24:52 #917414

Hello Amit RP and THANKS A MILLION!

What a nice and detailed report you’ve written here, full of valuable details for future (Indian) travellers and of course also for all the appreciation of myswissalps.com.

No wonder it took you a while writing in such detail! Incredible, thanks again.

I’m sure this report will be helpful for many in the future and also just a really nice piece of writing!

Take good care and hope to see you back sometime in the future.

Kind regards,
    Steph

Arno
    15471 posts
    12 July 2019 at 6:25:58 #917415

Hi Amit,

Thank you from me as well! Very useful for travelers from India but others as well. I noticed that your day 3 document came up blank. If you want me to replace it with a version that works, feel free to attach it here in a new post, and I’ll replace the one in your first post.

Amitrp
    Participant
    33 posts
    12 July 2019 at 7:53:14 #917416

Arno

I am attaching the day 3 & 6 onward here. You are requested to add them in my post.

I miss Lucas.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Arno
    15471 posts
    12 July 2019 at 9:28:23 #917417

Hi Amit,

Thanks! Day 3 still is blank for me unfortunately. Can you open it if you download it from here? The last 4 documents are all identical (day 6). I am not sure if the uploading is causing this. Feel free to e-mail the documents and I’ll put them on here.

Yeah, I miss Lucas too 🙂 Luckily we still have very good moderators, and soon a new moderator will join the team.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    15 July 2019 at 1:06:25 #917418

<<“hanks! Day 3 still is blank for me unfortunately.”>>

I cannot get any of them.

I’ll try another browser……tomorrow.

Slowpoke

Amitrp
    Participant
    33 posts
    15 July 2019 at 6:18:57 #917419

I regret the inconvenience faced by you all for my improper upload of the report . I have sent the entire report via e-mail. The moderators may please cut it day wise & post the same.

Amitrp

Arno
    15471 posts
    15 July 2019 at 8:38:12 #917420

Hi Amit,

I attached the report to your original post. I no longer have problems with it now. Hopefully the others can download it now too. Thanks again for the long report about your anniversary trip!

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    15 July 2019 at 12:44:40 #917421

Hi Amit –

Well worth the wait!

It will be useful for anyone, whether they come from India, or not.

Your pictures are great. It is nice to be reminded that it can snow in May. Your tables give an excellent illustration of how you can change your plans for any day when you have a good base. (In fact, even if you don’t have a good base, because the transport system is so effective).

Your comment about help from a hotel-keeper is not surprising, although by late June, he or she might be too busy, with a the higher tourist population in the Summer months. I might add that the same kind of help…checking mountain weather, et.c, is also available at tourist information offices. The one in Luzern main station has provided that kind of help with a smile for me several times.

Many of the amenities that you mention in your notes and footnotes are quite common, as you note. However, perhaps they are not 100% universally available; maybe only 98%. 😉

A comment on breakfast –

At the hotels and inns that have breakfast buffets, with a good variety as you describe, it is common to see turkey sausage beside the pork/beef/veal sausages. Chicken is less common in my experience.

I am only partway through reading, and will finish later.

You put a tremendous amount of work into your report, and the accuracy and level of detail is impressive. Your personal perspective adds reality, and the notes about “small” things are really helpful for a traveler, especially one who has never traveled in Switzerland.

Isn’t it amazing how fast you can get through Zürich Airport….as long as you have cleared your passport at a Schengen country before you arrive?

Thanks again,

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘14 day trip report Switzerland in April-May 2019’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.