15 days in Switzerland – Geneva, Lucerne & Zurich

• rpj1970
    Participant
    4 posts
    25 June 2018 at 14:29:31 #816885

hi everyone,

Thanks so much for this forum. I will be in SW with family from Jul 14-27. I will be based in Geneva / Lucerne / Zurich for 4-5 days each. I would like a good plan from each location. are there good threads/ posts that show the best 4-5 days options from EACH of these three spots? I have a 15-day Swiss Travel Pass for the family.

I would also like to know – what are my day-trip options

1) Into France from Geneva.

2) into Italy from Lucerne

3) Into Austria (perhaps Innsbruck?) from Zurich.

4) Last question – If I have Swiss Travel Pass, HOW do I apply for discounts on other tickets? Do I need to do that before coming? Does the discount apply for the trips above too? How do I book?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2018 at 19:12:42 #889429

Hi rpj1970,

I can’t help you with trip options into other countries – we’re Switzerland focused here. 🙂
    You can check train schedules and duration on the Swiss railways timetable (around Switzerland and to other countries) here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable

You can search for threads on our forum (search box) for each topic/town and you’ll find a lot I am sure.

Also find activity suggestions and an overview of each town on our where to go page here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/wheretogo/towns

If you are traveling on a route with the Swiss Travel Pass where it isn’t fully covered (but just discounted) then you’ll need to buy a ticket before getting on the train. This can be done at the station generally.
    https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ validity

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    26 June 2018 at 1:31:21 #889430

<<“I would like a good plan from each location. are there good threads/ posts that show the best 4-5 days options from EACH of these three spots?”>>

As Lucas noted, this website gives you a large reservoir of information about locations and traveling IN Switzerland, for no cost. If it proves insufficient , for fee services are available.

As you study the information n this forum/website, , you can develop a possible time table/itinerary.

Once you have that, you can get guidance here on features and options..

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘15 days in Switzerland – Geneva, Lucerne & Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.