1st or 2nd class Swiss Travel Pass Flex

1st or 2nd class Swiss Travel Pass Flex

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Canuckgirl
Canuckgirl
4 posts
Feb 17, 2017 - 3:13 AM

I have read everything there is to read on 1st and 2nd class for the Swiss flex pass (we need 15 non consecutive days..) however, I still cannot decide!!! Please help - I need honest opinions on which one we should buy! We also will be traveling to Austria and Germany so this will be an additional expense for the train as I am aware we cannot use the Swiss pass outside of Switzerland. If you have experienced both please let me know what you think. Thanks so much! Jenn and Mike (Ontario, Canada)

Lucas
Lucas
8906 posts
expert &
Feb 17, 2017 - 9:06 AM in reply to Canuckgirl

Hi again Jenn,

I see you do have further questions! You can continue posting on your 1st thread as well FYI.

I would go 2nd class. There really isn't much difference at all (except some panorama trains). My wife and I never consider 1st class as an option (except the time we took the Glacier Express train).

I can not tell the difference except that the carriages are quieter due to so few people buying 1st class tickets. I believe the idea is simply to give people an option for a quieter seat during their trip.

Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018