2-day Travel Options

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 April 2013 at 20:03:14 #805912

Hello everyone. I need help figuring out which railroad pass to buy.
    Two adults will arrive at Zurich Airport, spend half a day in Zurich, return to the airport to pick up their luggage, and go to Chur. The next day we will travel on the Bernina Express from Chur to Tirano, and then from Tirano to Milan, Italy. (We will not be returning to Switzerland.)
    I have been looking on the Swiss railroad website and I am so confused …. Can you give any advice about the best option—point-to-point, day passes, etc.?
    Thank you so much for your help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    21 April 2013 at 3:49:29 #838385

Hi sims1,

Passes are beneficial in case of multiple longer trips. In fact you’ve planned a single trip from Zurich airport to Tirano, so in your case point to point tickets are best. Just purchase tickets from Zurich airport to Chur, tickets from Chur to Tirano, and seat reservations for the Bernina Express. The first ticket allows to break your trip at the Zurich main station for the half day visit.

You can search for point to point tickets here and arrange for the seats there as well. More about seat reservations can be found here.

Enjoy the journey!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 April 2013 at 9:20:03 #838386

I can use the first ticket multiple times in Zurich?

Annika
    7116 posts
    21 April 2013 at 13:39:04 #838387

Not exactly. What Arno meant is that the ticket Zurich Airport-Chur can be used for the legs Zurich Airport-Zurich and Zurich-Chur. Actually it’s one ticket for an ongoing trip, but it allows you to get out along the way (in your case in Zurich) and continue your journey a few hours later the same day. If you need further urban transportation in Zurich, you should buy separate tickets for these trips or consider a Zurich Card.

• The thread ‘2-day Travel Options’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.