2 days at Lucerne during the second week of April

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 March 2018 at 0:32:44 #814721

Hello,

Can any of you please advise some source/ links for obtaining information regarding planning my visits/activities during the 2 day stay at Lucerne ? I am interested to know about some scenic trips (boat plus mountains) and I wanted to buy tickets in advance. Apparently I am not getting such specific information.

Also what is the most convenient public transportation in the city of Lucerne ? If it is bus, is there a one day or two day pass available that will provide unlimited travel for the days selected ?

Thanks !

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 March 2018 at 0:44:27 #878496

You don’t really need to buy tickets in advance IMHO

Luzern is served by a comprehensive network of trolley buses but its a small place and as a tourist In Luzern you only really need to walk around the centre to see the famous bridge etc

For boats and mountains, put simply, just turn up at the main departure point for lake steamers near the main railway station, and get on one of the boats! The common all day trip is to take the boat Luzern – Fluelen and come back by train. Or you can just get on and off boats at intermediate stops. That will fill 2 days straight away!

For the Rigi mountain take the boat to Vitznau for the rack railway up the mountain, or a train to Arth Goldau for the other Rigi rack railway.

For the Pilatus mountain take a boat or train to Alpnachstad station

Simplest pass:

http://www.luzern.com/en/tell -pass

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 March 2018 at 1:21:01 #878497

Thank you 1960man for your immediate response. Much appreciated !

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 March 2018 at 3:57:49 #878498

>> Can any of you please advise some source/ links for obtaining information regarding planning my visits/activities during the 2 day stay at Lucerne ?

Have you seen this?

http://www.myswissalps.com/lu cerne

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘2 days at Lucerne during the second week of April’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.