2 days at Lucerne during the second week of April

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
srdebnath
srdebnath
46 posts
Mar 12, 2018 - 12:32 AM

Hello,

Can any of you please advise some source/ links for obtaining information regarding planning my visits/activities during the 2 day stay at Lucerne ? I am interested to know about some scenic trips (boat plus mountains) and I wanted to buy tickets in advance. Apparently I am not getting such specific information.

Also what is the most convenient public transportation in the city of Lucerne ? If it is bus, is there a one day or two day pass available that will provide unlimited travel for the days selected ?

Thanks !

1960man
1960man
760 posts
top member
Mar 12, 2018 - 12:44 AM

You don't really need to buy tickets in advance IMHO

Luzern is served by a comprehensive network of trolley buses but its a small place and as a tourist In Luzern you only really need to walk around the centre to see the famous bridge etc

For boats and mountains, put simply, just turn up at the main departure point for lake steamers near the main railway station, and get on one of the boats! The common all day trip is to take the boat Luzern - Fluelen and come back by train. Or you can just get on and off boats at intermediate stops. That will fill 2 days straight away!

For the Rigi mountain take the boat to Vitznau for the rack railway up the mountain, or a train to Arth Goldau for the other Rigi rack railway.

For the Pilatus mountain take a boat or train to Alpnachstad station

Simplest pass:

www.luzern.com/en/tell -pass

Last modified on Mar 12, 2018 - 7:51 AM by Chantal
srdebnath
srdebnath
46 posts
Mar 12, 2018 - 1:21 AM

Thank you 1960man for your immediate response. Much appreciated !

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Mar 12, 2018 - 3:57 AM in reply to srdebnath

>> Can any of you please advise some source/ links for obtaining information regarding planning my visits/activities during the 2 day stay at Lucerne ?

Have you seen this?

www.myswissalps.com/lu cerne

Alpenrose

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018