2 days in Lucerne. Titlis or Pilatus?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 December 2015 at 21:37:00 #808195

Hi again!

Lucerne is beautiful!! And we have 2 days..in two days both excursion out one..which?

Thanks again and happy about the trip that has begun!

Gustavo

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Penguins
    Participant
    3 posts
    18 December 2015 at 3:52:04 #847263

TITLIS by far!

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    18 December 2015 at 7:31:00 #847264

Hi Gusigu –

You’ll like either one, no matter which you choose.

Looks like you will have some sunshine today, and the clouds don’t look like they’ll be a problem. Nice break in the clouds over the Rigi, too.

I’m curious about how your 13 year old reacts to the trip. Teenagers are hard to predict. ;-).

Could you let us know after a few days?

Slowpoke.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 December 2015 at 8:52:27 #847265

Hi! Good morning! Morning for rigi or titlis:)?

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    18 December 2015 at 15:41:12 #847266

<<“gusigu13postsnew memberDec 18, 2015 – 8:52 AMin reply to SlowpokeHi! Good morning! Morning for rigi or titlis:)?”>>

They are different. Ask at the tourist info by track #1 in the main station.

Either one will be nice. Rigi has some nice walks, for example from Rigi Kulm (the top) to Rigi Kaltbad, tghen train down to Vitgzna. . Look at a map. It is a less rugged mountain that the other two. Access from Vitznau or Arth Goldau

Titlis is more a high alpine experience, as is Pilatus.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 December 2015 at 19:38:42 #847267

Hi!

Was titlis the winner and was fantastic!

Tomorrow rigis perhaps.I want…

Thanks again and till next post!

Thanks thanks

Gustavo

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    18 December 2015 at 21:10:13 #847268

Glad you liked Titlis.

I misspelled Vitznau once in the last post.

For the Rigi, you might see if your schedule will permit a lake boat to Vitznau, then the cograil to the top.

From the top, you can walk as I noted earlier to Rigi Kaltbad (which swings out away from the tracks from near Rihi Staffelhöhe to great views of the lake and Luzern (on a clear day), then catch the cograil down to Vitznau …bus+train or boat from there back to Luzern.

Another option – Catch the other cograil up to the top from Arth-Goldau (or ride it down). At Arth-Goldau there are excellent train connections to/from Luzern.

Many like the cable car to/from Rigi Kaltbad down to Weggis. The problem is that the valley station ( Talstation) of the cable car is about 15-20 minutes walk well above the boat dock and bus stop. So, you have to allow for that walk if you use that cable car. I use it all the time, but that is when I have a car to get me to the parking lot by the Valley station.

So, there are a lot of ways to put that trip together. Tourist office could help.

Have fun.

Slowpoke.

• The thread ‘2 days in Lucerne. Titlis or Pilatus?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.