2 Week itinerary June/July 2017

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 January 2017 at 12:27:08 #857586

Thank you so much, Slowpoke, for all your effort…I am thinking we will stay in Weggis since that has always been my dream, but considering fog…to be above it would definitely have its pluses.

I tend to do a mixture of reservations websites and direct with the hotel. In Murren and Menaggio I knew the hotels and the rooms I wanted so I went there directly…but one has a cancellation cost no matter when you cancel. We tend to use easy/free cancellation sites (with older parents you never know what might happen).

OH Geologist

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    5 January 2017 at 15:28:17 #857587

Hi Katie-

<<“Thank you so much, Slowpoke, for all your effort…I am thinking we will stay in Weggis since that has always been my dream, but considering fog…to be above it would definitely have its pluses”>>

We have stayed 2 or 3 times at Hotel Central am See in Wengen. We chose it because of location and reputation. The rooms are very nice and have wonderful views.

I’m sure that there are plenty of other nice hotels there, too.

The kitchen was either good or excellent on various times. The “good” was on a very busy Friday or Saturday night in September, and the service slowed down. I vaguely recall that there is also a close by restaurant with a good reputation, but we were happy at the Central, as were our guests (a retired Swiss Ambassador and his wife) one evening.

For me, It makes good sense for you to stay in Weggis. It simplifies planning on a complicated trip. Especially if your parents are coming along. Are they Swiss? You mentioned being in choir in Luzern…..

If things open up at the Bergsonne, I’ll let you know, but I’m sure that you will have a pleasant stay in Weggis. And, it is a lot simpler from a logistics perspective. On the other hand, the bergsonne experience is a lot better, but much harder achieve. We have been there 20 or more times…..

In Weggis, the nearest transport stop to the Central is the Schiffstation. There is a bus stop there, also. It is about a 300 meter walk, on a fairly level lakeside road.. I’m sure that they would pick you up, too.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 January 2017 at 16:32:20 #857588

Hi Slowpoke…my husband’s father is not of the best health..so if we had to cancel we want that to be a painless as possible. They are not traveling with us. I did send an email to Hotel Bergsonne but have not heard back. We will be coming into Weggis and leaving by Boat. but hopefully can leave our bags at the hotel if/when we head up to Rigi. Our reservation is at the Seehof Hotel du Lac. Just picked it out of a hat …we wanted to be on the water, but not too costly.

Just bought tickets this am…so we are truly coming! My eyes can’t wait to see the beauty!.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    5 January 2017 at 16:41:43 #857589

<<” I did send an email to Hotel Bergsonne but have not heard back. “>>

Patience. They go on vacation for long periods in the off-seasons.

I don’t know the Seehof du Lac, but I ‘m sure that you’ll appreciate the bus stop close by.

Hope the family health issues work out.

I’ve had to adjust a lot of travel in 2016 for family health issues. Hopefully, we are past that.

The only (sort of) good thing is that the non-refundable fares were stashed in my Delta “Wallet” and now as I book for 2017, the “cash” is available to reduce the fares.

Slowpoke

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The thread ‘2 Week itinerary June/July 2017’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.