3 day Itinerary help- based on Lucerne

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2018 at 18:25:36 #815659

Hi

First to congralute you for this page, have help me a lot to build my itinerary.

I’ll be travelling to swiss form 16-19 May with my wife and my 2-years old daughter. I’ve already purchase a 3day swiss pass -1st class. I have some basic questions so I can be full prepared. I’ll be staying 2 night in Lucerne and my last night at Lugano.

For the first day I’ll plan to go to do the Golden Round trip to Pilatus. Wich segments are not included in the swiss pass.? Where I’ll need to purchase in case is needed?.

For the second day will spend in the junfrau area. Will take the luzern-interlaken express early in the morning and visit Lauterbrunnen-grutshchalp walk to Murren and take gondola and bus back to Lauterbrunnen. depending on weather conditions go up to kleine scheidig or do a boat trip in lake brienz and come back to lucerne. My questions are: Do i need a reservation for the interlaken express? for the hiking/walking from grutschalp to Murren is still snow at this time of year , is possible to do it?. The gondolas and aerial cableway are included with the swiss pass? It is recommended to bring the baby stroller for this day? It is possible to do Trummelfach falls with the baby in Lauterbrunnen?

For last in my 3 day will take the Gotthard Panorama Express and stay in Lugano. I’ve already do the seat reservation for me and my wife. Do i need to do a seat reservation for my daughther too?

The only thing reserved right now is the Gotthard Panorama Express and the Hotels on each city, so i’m still flexible to do some changes.

Thanks in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2018 at 3:08:41 #883860

Hi Jaime, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

>> For the first day I’ll plan to go to do the Golden Round trip to Pilatus. Wich segments are not included in the swiss pass.? Where I’ll need to purchase in case is needed?

Golden Round trip to Pilatus with Swiss Travel Pass

• Boat to Alpnachstad – free
    • Cogwheel train Alpnachstad to Pilatus Kulm – 50% discount
    • Cable car and gondola Pilatus Kulm to Kriens – 50% discount
    • Bus Kriens to Luzern – free

You can buy a ticket for the cogwheel train/cableway round trip at the valley station of the cogwheel train at Alpnachstad or the cableway valley station at Kriens (depending on where you start). Show them your Swiss Travel Pass to get the 50% discount.

>> Do i need a reservation for the interlaken express?

No.

>> for the hiking/walking from grutschalp to Murren is still snow at this time of year

The snow will probably have melted, but it might have muddy patches.

>> The gondolas and aerial cableway are included with the swiss pass?

Yes.

>> It is recommended to bring the baby stroller for this day?

Yes, I would say so. I think it would need wheels that can handle some rough terrain.

>> It is possible to do Trummelfach falls with the baby in Lauterbrunnen?

No. Children under 4 years of age can’t be taken to the Trümmelbach Falls unfortunately.

>> Gotthard Panorama Express and stay in Lugano. I’ve already do the seat reservation for me and my wife. Do i need to do a seat reservation for my daughther too?

If you want the option of a separate seat for your daughter, you do need to reserve a seat for her. Otherwise she will need to sit on your knee for the whole trip.

As you have already made reservations for yourself and your wife, you will probably need to make personal contact to get a seat for your daughter that is with the two seats you have already reserved.

I suggest you phone the SBB Rail Service on 0848 44 66 88 to see what can be arranged.

Alpenrose

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    2 May 2018 at 16:42:36 #883861

Hi Jaime –

You did an excellent job of trip planning.

I see that Alpenrose has answered your questions thoroughly.

This may help:

en.swisswebcams.ch/suc he/ort/m%C3%BCrren-2659530/

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘3 day Itinerary help- based on Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.