3 day Swiss Travel Flex Combi pricing question.

• Fognorth
    Participant
    29 posts
    18 May 2015 at 15:56:05 #807249

My daughter is still trying to get passes for her and her 16 year old daughter. I have gone to the page to research that particular ticket and noted quite a big difference in pricing if bought thru the “world”(best buy) which shows the purchase price in Euros and the USA purchase area which shows the purchase price in USdollars. Am I missing something? Will there be some sort of conversion charge if she uses her Credit Card that will make the pricing less advantageous? How will they be shipped to her? Expense? Before I talk her thru the process and have her click the buy buttion I want to make sure of any consequences. Or any details or fine print I may have missed. Again…thanks !

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    18 May 2015 at 18:36:34 #843176

Hi Fognorth,

Indeed, the various resellers offer various prices for the same pass (for other reading this: you can see so here). In your case a purchase via http://www.raileurope-world.com/pass/swiss-travel-pass-half-fare-card is a lot cheaper. You will have to pay in Euros, but I can’t imagine your bank will charge so much extra that this would not be worth it. When I make a purchase using a foreign currency, the bank charges just a little extra, and the exchange rate of the day determines the exact amount spent. This all depends on the bank. Rail Europe will only charge what you have added to your shopping cart.

Shipping will take longer (8 business days) than via the US site.

Fognorth
    Participant
    29 posts
    18 May 2015 at 18:49:40 #843177

Thanks Arno ! ! I am now kicking my self for not buying my sweetheart and myself tickets thru the World link! Paid way to much more for them thru the USA link. 20/20 hindsight. Darn. Suppose I would be penalized if I cancelled my USA tickets and rebooked thru the world link ? Darn, Darn, Darn.

Arno
    15471 posts
    18 May 2015 at 19:05:05 #843178

I understand it’s quite complex too choose from all the options (first pick a pass, then where to buy). Actually we just added the “best buy” label to our pages yesterday. Prices were listed before too, but it required some calculations to figure out which option was the cheapest because of the various currencies. Now it’s all clear much quicker. I hope. It’s just the plain product prices we display. Shipping costs, etc. are not taken into account, but usually that does not make a difference. Shipping through the US site is free by the way (if the order is at least $449), and the other site charges a € 12 shipping fee + € 4 booking fee but is still much cheaper in the end.

Well, you can send over your daughter to this thread, or directly to myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpassflex/price to make sure she’s picking the right option. Meanwhile, you may find these additional money saving tips useful 😉

Fognorth
    Participant
    29 posts
    18 May 2015 at 19:17:15 #843179

Yes, I noted the “Best Buy” today when I was looking around. Live and learn…thanks again my friend.

• The thread ‘3 day Swiss Travel Flex Combi pricing question.’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.