3 Day Swiss train trip in Spring

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 September 2015 at 11:28:38 #807879

Hi

I am planning on visiting Switzerland next spring. I’ve been browsing all the interesting places in Swiss and list it all down. It turn up that most of it a train tours. I am planning to go on Jungfraujoch Tour, Bernina Express and Goldenpass + Swiss choc train during our limited 3 days stay in Switzerland before heading to Paris by train. I would like to have your opinion on the best value for money passes for me to have all that tours. is it enough the 3 days stay in Swiss or i need longer stay?

I also would like to know where is the best place for our stay in Swiss since i would travel by foot or public transport

I also would like to know about Rheinfall. How far to go to see the Rheinfall and how long will it take?Is it a worth place to visit especially during Spring?

Thank you so much

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    5 September 2015 at 7:29:20 #845937

Hello izaidah82, thanks for joining us!

The plans you’ve listed are too much for 3 days. Especially the Bernina Express is way off, and it would be hard to include in a 3 day itinerary. Some of your plans would be doable. You could start in Zurich and visit the Rhine Falls, and move on to Lucerne and Interlaken the same day. The next day you’d make a morning excursion to the Jungfraujoch and head for Montreux, spending your last day on the Chocolate Train and a trip to Geneva for your outbound journey to Paris. This is a very strict travel scheme though, and to me it would be a bit too much. So if you manage to arrange for a longer stay, that’s certainly preferable. Otherwise I’d advise to cut down on the attractions.

These general planning tips and the timetable can be of help. You may also like to take a look at some of our sample itineraries. The other pages I linked to provide more information on the day trips and towns along the way.

• The thread ‘3 Day Swiss train trip in Spring’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.