3 Days solo travel in January in Jungfrau region

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 December 2018 at 3:52:49 #819317

Hi,

I am going to stay a weekend in the end of January from Friday to Sunday, and I want to see the top of Europe. However, I heard that visibility of Jungfraujoch can be a problem, and I should check the weather, before buying the train ticket.

So I am thinking where to stay during that 3 days. I travel alone, so I prefer to look for some group tour to join.

I thought about to do 1. first-time ski lesson; 2. sledding; 3 paragliding. But I haven’t decided yet.

Where should I stay for those 3 days, so I won’t get bored. Maybe a place that I can find group tour easily and is nice to walk around.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 December 2018 at 8:54:34 #901138

Hi yanetho and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I’d consider staying in a town like Grindelwald. A nice ski resort right at the mountains and has a train to take you to Jungfraujoch. http://www.myswissalps.com/gr indelwald

There is no need to travel there on a tour as it is just a train ride to the top but you can search for some if you’d prefer. There are some guided tours from Interlaken (about 20 minutes from Grindelwald but in the opposite direction of Jungfraujoch) listed here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/packages

• The thread ‘3 Days solo travel in January in Jungfrau region’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.