3 days Switzerland – go to Lucerne & Jungfraujoch?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 February 2018 at 7:55:20 #814256

Hi,

Will be there in Switzerland from 17th to 19th March on my Honeymoon Trip. Below is the itinerary which I have thought of :

Day 1 : From Paris to Lucerne. Overnight Stay in Lucerne

Day 2 : Lucerne to Grindelwald by train. Would like to visit Fly on the same day. Overnight Stay in Grindelwald.

Day 3 : Trip to Jungfraujoch, and back in Zurich. Fly out from Zurich on next day morning.

Need suggestion regarding :

1. Any modification in the itinerary and whether the above is feasible

2.Shall I go for Swiss Half Fare Card/Swiss Travel Pass? If yes, which one will be beneficial.

Thanks..

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 February 2018 at 10:32:18 #875688

Hi ParthaJit, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

Your itinerary should be doable. I would recommend to use the Swiss timetable to do the final planning.

The Swiss Half Fare Card sounds like a good option. It also gives you 50% discount (25% with the Swiss Travel Pass) on your trip to Jungfraujoch. You can use our web page on how to choose the best rail pass to help you find out for sure.

You may want to think of a backup plan in case the weather isn’t good for visiting the Jungfraujoch. You don’t want to be stuck going on a day where the weather is poor and there is no visibility. We have some activities listed here.

• The thread ‘3 days Switzerland – go to Lucerne & Jungfraujoch?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.