3 Nights in Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 August 2011 at 20:50:13 #804628

Hello All,

I am reaching Interlaken by train from geneva on Sep6th and will be available till Sep 9th. My itinerary is as shown.

Sep 6th : Arrival by Panoramic train from Geneva around 13:00Hrs
    Sep 6th : Evening boating in Lake Brienz
    Sep 7th : Trip to jungfrauch
    Sep 8th : Trip to Schilthorn
    Sep 9th: Early morning train from Interlaken to Milan

I have a valid swiss pass and we are four adults including my parents. Kindly help me understand how much time is enough to spend at Jungfrauch and Schilthorn?

I plan to go to Luceren and just visit the Chapel bridge after the schilthorn. Kindly let me knwo if this is feasible..

Any suggestions to this itenerary is welcome..

Regards
    Venugopal G

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 August 2011 at 9:27:32 #833951

There is no evening boat service on the Lake of Brienz, The last boat leaves Interlaken Ost at 4:25pm returning at 6:50pm.
    The trip to the Schilhorn takes 1 1/2 hours from Interlaken Ost via Stechelberg. I suggest on the retrun you walk through Murren and return via the BLM through Grutschalp. The whole trip can be done in 4-5 hours with one hour on top of the Schilthorn.
    The trip to Jungfraujoch takes 2 1/2 each way. Again you should go by way of Grindelwald and return via Lauterbrunnen.
    The whold trip would take 6-7 hours allowing 1-2 hours on the Jungfraujoch.
    It is possible to do both trips in one day with an early start. It would be:
    Interlaken Ost -Lauterbrunnen-Stechelberg-Schilthorn-Murren-Murren BLS- Lauterbrunen-Kleine Scheidegg-Jungfraujoch- Kleine Scheidegg-Grindelwald-Interlaken Ost.
    Make sure the weather is good at the tops. You can still see alot if your only go to Kleine Scheidegg.
    The trip to Luzern takes 2 hours each way.

Dick

• The thread ‘3 Nights in Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.