3 persons traveling in Sept 2012

• traveljet
    Participant
    388 posts
    25 April 2012 at 8:36:08 #805190

Hi,

We 3 adults are traveling together to Switzerland mid September. We would like to purchase the “2 for 1 promo Swiss 4 day Flexi Pass”. May I enquire if:

We buy 1 Pass for the 3 of us or we have to buy 2 Passes i.e. 1 Pass for my husband & I and a separate Pass for our adult son? We will always be traveling as a family.

It says a minimum of 2 persons to travel on the “2 for 1 Promo Swiss 4 day Flexi Pass”. So I am not sure if the 3rd person gets to use the same pass. Does our son have to pay extra if he is using the same Pass or its one Promo price of the 3 of us?

We will be ordering from your link given in this website. I assume its alright to put in our order beginning of July as our 1st travel date will be September 18th?

Thank you in advance.:-)

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    25 April 2012 at 13:20:53 #835853

Hi traveljet,

It works a bit different for each reseller. Please take a look at this post for a (just updated) overview of the resellers. Should you have any questions, please feel free to post back and let us know your country of residence so that we can help you out better.

traveljet
    Participant
    388 posts
    26 April 2012 at 2:43:43 #835854

Hello arno,

We are from Singapore. I am a little confused about the passes – so need to reconfirm that 3 persons can travel together by just buying ONE “2 for 1 Promo Swiss Saver Flexi 4 day Pass”.

If it is possible to travel using only ONE pass for 3 of us, is the price different for 2 px traveling compared to 3 px traveling.

Thank you.

antz
    Participant
    40 posts
    26 April 2012 at 10:34:01 #835855

I am also from S’pore and shall be going to Zurich in May.
    I bought the 4 day Flexi pass already.
    It’s actually buy 1 get 1 promotion so ur son has to buy an individual pass.
    I bought it from sbb.ch but after that I found u can buy it at Price breaker at Marina Square.

traveljet
    Participant
    388 posts
    26 April 2012 at 11:22:09 #835856

Hi sinkafu,

The 2 for 1 promo online I am enquiring is the Swiss SAVER Flexi 4 day pass for 2 or more people. I think it’s different from your Swiss Flexi 4 day pass. It’s a little confusing so I need the official reply from one of the swiss moderators to confirm. From what I know the Swiss SAVER is different.

Hope Arno or someone from this website can clarify.

Arno
    15483 posts
    28 April 2012 at 11:05:18 #835857

Hi traveljet,

Since you’re from Singapore, there are 3 resellers for this promotion. You can find them on the Swiss Pass page if you fill out your country there. Your best option would be this order page of the Swiss reseller Switzerland Travel Centre, as they offer the Saver price (15% off) for the 3th person as well. So you’d pay the Saver price for 2 people and nothing for 1 person. The other resellers would require you to buy a full priced individual Swiss Pass for the 3th person.

traveljet
    Participant
    388 posts
    29 April 2012 at 6:31:08 #835858

Hello arno,

I really appreciate you getting back to me. 🙂

Now I understand better the 15% off for 2 px and 1 px pays nothing. Also I will definitely be ordering from Switz Travel Centre – thank you for including the link in your reply.

May I ask:

a) When I order the pass, Is the start date that I need to put on the website the 1st Free travel date that we will be using the Pass?

I am assuming the start date required is the date when we start using the Pass because Switz Travel Centre reseller doesn’t require us to validate the Pass at the train station (unlike the other 2 resellers). I don’t think its the date for the 1 month validity. But I would like to confirm this with you again.

b) Will they send 3 individual passes or its just 1 pass for the 3 of us?

Thank you.

Arno
    15483 posts
    1 May 2012 at 11:00:08 #835859

Hi traveljet,

You’re most welcome! As for your questions:
    a) The start date you’re asked for is the first day that you can use as the first free travel day. However, you can decide to start using your pass later as there are 4 blank areas on the pass to fill out your free travel days. The last day you can use your pass is exactly one month after the start date you filled out while ordering.
    b) It will be one pass for the 3 of you, as it’s a saver pass that requires you to travel together.

traveljet
    Participant
    388 posts
    1 May 2012 at 21:06:06 #835860

Hello Arno,

Thats’s great. Thank you once again for your assistance. Your service is such a blessing!

Have a great week:-)

• The thread ‘3 persons traveling in Sept 2012’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.