3 Switzerland Scenic train rides in 2018 video

• StevefromHou
    Participant
    148 posts
    20 November 2020 at 16:07:38 #825735

Hello MySwissAlps.com, I have found myself with lots of extra time on my hands lately and finally sat down and created a video from my trip I took to Switzerland in 2018. You all were very helpful in my planning of this trip. I have made several posts mainly questions about booking seats on the scenic trains. I have expressed several times my love of riding the trains in Switzerland and this was one of the trips where I was able to ride 3 of the 4 major routes. I landed in Zurich and caught a train to Zermatt where I started my journey. I spent 2 nights in Zermatt before boarding the “Glacier Express” to Filisur. I spent 2 nights in Filisur then took a short ride to Davos to catch the “Bernina Express” down to Tirano. It was early enough in the season that I was able to take the “Bernina Express” bus to Lugano. After spending 2 nights in Lugano I took the “Gotthard Panorama Express” up to Lucerne again early enough to take the beautifully refurbished steam paddlewheel boat from Fluelen to Lucerne.

It was an incredible trip and prepared me for my ultimate Switzerland train ride in January 2020, where I added the Goldenpass route in wintertime.

Here is the link to my 2018 Switzerland trip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_-36TLGwYM

Thank you MyswissAlps group

Steve

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6355 posts
    20 November 2020 at 17:48:27 #934460

Hi spaulus69,

Thank you for sharing the video.

It’s great that you managed to experience those scenic train rides during your trip back in 2018. Here’s hoping we all could travel as per normal again. In the meantime, please continue sharing your past trip experiences with MySwissAlps members.

Thanks and regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘3 Switzerland Scenic train rides in 2018 video’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.