Apr 24, 2016 - 7:14 PM
We are planning to spend 4 days in Switzerland in mid-May. I have realized that there is so much to see in Switzerland and 4 days will not do justice. But, here we are. We are huge nature enthusiasts so we want to spend time with nature.
I have thought of two options:
- May 18th: Arrive in Geneva in the evening from Paris.
- May 19th: Head to either Lausanne or Montreux on May 19th and spend two days here. We are thinking of taking a cruise on Lake Geneva, visiting the Chateau de Chillon and possibly doing the wine tour by train.
- May 21st: Travel to Interlakken on May20th evening. Visit Jungfraujoch, Grindelwald and Schilthorn on May 21st.
- May 22nd: Head to Lucerne on May21st night. Spend time in Lucerne on May 22nd. In Lucerne, we plan to visit the lake and Mt. Pilatus.
- May 23rd: Travel to Zurich and fly out to Rome early morning.
The other option is to spend more time in the Lucerne and Interlakken area:
- May 18th: Arrive in Zurich from Paris
- May 19th: Head to Lucerne. Spend the whole day visiting the lake and Mt. Pilatus.
- May 20th: Head to Interlakken and spend time visiting Jungfraujoch, Grindelwald and Schilthorn. Stay in Interlakken in the night.
- May 21st: Spend more time in the Jungfrau region. Not sure what else we could see here. Any suggestions? Head to Zurich in the evening.
- May 22nd: Spend time in Zurich and head to Rome in the evening.
Could you please let me know which one looks better? We definitely dont want to rush.