4 day Swiss itinerary from Geneva to Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 March 2018 at 10:52:11 #814966

Hi! I’ll be in Switzerland for the first time this August, with a few days between when i need to be in Geneva and Zurich. Here is my itinerary, what do you think?
    A couple of questions I had:
    Is doing both Rigi and Schilthorn worth it?
    Should I just scrap Lucerne and stay in Lauterbrunnen the whole time?
    Is this itinerary worth the money I’ll be spending on it?

Note: I will have a 3-day swiss travel pass for days 2-4

1 – Geneva – City Tour
    2 – Geneva-Lauterbrunnen Golden Pass Line + Mannlichen-Kleine Scheidegg Hike + ?
    3 – Lauterbrunnen – Schilthorn + Birg + Lauterbrunnen Hike + Night Train to Lucerne
    4 – Lucerne – Mt. Rigi + Hergiswil Glass Factory + Lucerne City? + Night Train to Zurich
    5 – Zurich – City Tour

Thanks for your help in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 March 2018 at 16:30:42 #879862

Hi BB1287, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

Your itinerary looks fine for the amount of days that you have. You’ve chosen some nice highlights. Mt. Rigi and Schilthorn are different, so you could visit them both. Lucerne is a nice city and it’s worth staying there. More information about what to do in Lucerne can be found here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2018 at 0:43:29 #879863

>> Geneva-Lauterbrunnen Golden Pass Line + Mannlichen-Kleine Scheidegg Hike + ?

It will take you 4.5 to 5.0 hours to get from Geneva to the top of the Männlichen, plus extra time to drop off your luggage somewhere.

Although Männlichen to Kleine Scheidegg is a relatively short walk, I would not start it too late in the day.

>> Night Train to Lucerne

If you want to travel on the Luzern-Interlaken Express along the Golden Pass route, you will need to leave Lauterbrunnen by 19:32.

There are later departures, but that means taking a different route (through Bern) and in some cases a bus for part of the way.

Make sure to check your options in the Swiss Timetable.

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

>> Lucerne + Night Train to Zurich

If you are arriving very late, don’t forget to let your hotel know beforehand! The last connection to Zürich leaves Luzern at 23:54, arriving Zürich 1:04.

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘4 day Swiss itinerary from Geneva to Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.