Is Rigi, Pilatus, Jungfrau, Bern doable in 4 days?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 April 2018 at 20:28:28 #815390

Me and my wife will be travelling Switzerland for 4 days (10 May – 13th May). I will reach Zurich on 10th May at 8:30 AM and my return flight is on 13th May at 9:00 PM. I am planning for below Itinerary. Please help me if this is doable and If I should cover something else.

day 1 : arrival in Zurich -> Travel to lucerne and do Mt Titlis and Stay in Lucern (SightSeeing in evening)

day 2: Planning for Mt Rigi and Pilatus (Is it Doable) ?

Day 3: golden pass train to Interlaken OST in the morning and Do a jungfraujoch -> Stay in Interlaken

Day 4: Leave Interlaken in the morning -> go to Bern -> Reach Zurich in evening -> If time permit Zurich sightseeing

Kindly suggest.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 April 2018 at 22:46:17 #882547

Perfectly good itinerary

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2018 at 5:47:39 #882548

Hi Palkar and welcome to MySwissAlps!

They are all quite doable but also they are quite long days. Use the Swiss railways timetable to plan out all your trips – it will show you the fastest/direct route options for you.

Are you looking at a rail pass for your 4 days? A Swiss Travel Pass may be a good option. We have a page on how to choose the best rail pass that should be read as well.

Cheers!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2018 at 8:23:55 #882549

Thanks Lucas, 1960man

I was thinking to buy HFC instead of Swiss Travel Pass, As Swiss Travel pass covers only 25% on some mountain trains. Could you please help me which would be better in case if I follow the above itinerary.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2018 at 10:10:22 #882550

Hi Palkar,

It covers some mountain trips fully, some 50% and some 25% etc. So it depends on the mountain. Be sure to read through our page on the validity area of the Swiss Travel Pass before making your final decision.

To know which pass is the best for your entire itinerary you need to plan out all trips you will make (train, bus, boat, cable car) and compare the prices for regular tickets to the rail pass price (and which routes/mountains are free or discounted). Once you have that information you can read our page here on how to choose the best rail pass. There is a spreadsheet there to help with the math. 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 April 2018 at 15:01:20 #882551

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for the details. Excel sheet is very helpful. I have checked both Passes costing almost around same. So I have decided to go with Swiss Travel Pass, atleast I would not have to get the ticket at every station.

I am thinking of below Itinerary, But slightly confused for Day4, could you please help me chossing best option.

day 1 : arrival in Zurich -> Travel to lucerne and do Mt Titlis and Stay in Lucern (SightSeeing in evening)

day 2: Planning for Mt Rigi and then golden pass train to Interlaken OST (in the afternoon) -> Stay in Interlaken or Lauterbrunnen

Day 3: Jungfraujoch in the morning and Interlaken sightseeing

Day 4: Here I am confused, should I do Schilthorn tour or Go to Bern? and then flight from Zurich

Or should I do Schilthorn tour on Day 3 with Jungfraujoch ? Or only Schilthorn on Day 3 and Jungfraujoch on Day 4?

Kindly suggest.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 April 2018 at 17:24:47 #882552

Hi Palkar,

Between Bern and Schilthorn is just a matter of town vs. mountain – maybe you’ve seen enough mountains? Up to you 🙂

It would make for a long day to do both Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn on day 3 but possible with an early start. The mountains should be decided on the morning you want to go and based on the weather at the top. If one looks better than the other than go for the best weather. If both look bad, go to Bern. 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 April 2018 at 19:41:22 #882553

Thanks Lucas.

I think I am being too greedy to cover all the places as all of them looks so good 😀

So , I will stay in Interlaken/lauterbrunnen and then decide on Day 3 and Day 4 depending on the weather. Thanks again, This site helps a lot.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 April 2018 at 23:24:55 #882554

Another option is to choose just Schilthorn and forget Jungfraujoch.

You get a superb view of the famous three mountains Jungfrau. Mönch and Eiger from Mürren village and Schilthorn

• The thread ‘Is Rigi, Pilatus, Jungfrau, Bern doable in 4 days?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.