4 days trip to Jungfrau, Lucerne and Zermatt

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 November 2015 at 16:35:05 #808095

Hello,

I planned to make a 4 day short trip to Switzerland beginning from Zurich. I hope to cover Jungfrau, Lucerne and Zermatt. Can anyone advise if this is possible and how should I do this.?

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    6 November 2015 at 7:06:14 #846853

Hi Cheeese,

Thanks for joining MySwissAlps! It’s certainly possible if you don’t mind to switch towns/hotel every day.You can start with a day in Lucerne, take the Golden Pass line to Interlaken or a nearby town and visit Jungfraujoch. Finally proceed to Zermatt. You can also do it the other way round, depending on your arrival/departure time. A 4-day Swiss Travel Pass would cover your trips.

Please see the above links and the planning tips to get started.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 November 2015 at 5:46:57 #846854

Thanks Annika. However I understood that the Golden Pass Line is not available till early December. Is there other way to move from Lucerne to Zematt?

Arno
    15483 posts
    7 November 2015 at 14:07:56 #846855

Hi cheeese,

The Golden Pass line is always operational. There are construction works in November (discussed here), but there’s a replacement bus for that section, so no problem to travel there. Where did you read it’s not available? What’s your exact travel date? You can check the timetable for that date to obtain details.

Arno

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 November 2015 at 14:29:20 #846856

Sorry. I have mistaken. It is the Glacier Express that is not available. I planned to reached Zurich on 20 Nov.

Arno
    15483 posts
    8 November 2015 at 10:53:01 #846857

You are right about the Glacier Express. The line never closes however. You can also take the regular trains if you like: myswissalps.com/glacie rexpress.

• The thread ‘4 days trip to Jungfrau, Lucerne and Zermatt’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.