5 day holiday in switzerland itenerary suggestions

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2012 at 3:05:05 #805129

Hi,
    We are leaving for our 5 day holiday trip to switzerland tomorrow morning. We are flying to zurich and staying in zurich for 2 nights and then will be travelling to interlaken and staying there for 2 nights. We have bought swiss flexi pass for 4 days.
    We are thinking of going around zurich on the first day,then going to luzern on the second day.Third day and fourth day near interlaken and 5th day will be in geneva,as we need to catch a flight back from there.
    We would like to see the most scenic places around these locations or any other,as per suggestions.We would love to go all the way up to the jungfrau but the travelling expense seem to be too high.
    We wouldnt like to spend more money on travelling ideally,but if something’s really worth seeing,then will definitely consider.
    What could be the most ideal itenerary for us for these days?
    And what the places that are a must see in the places that I have listed above.
    Moreover, are the free musuems worth a visit?Me and my partner are not very interested in arts or history.
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    19 April 2012 at 16:03:04 #835621

Hello nooreen85. Well, I guess you’re in Switzerland by now! I hope you enjoyed your first day. As for your questions on an itinerary: browsing this forum will provide you with tips on the Lucerne region. The Bernese Oberland day trip overview is helpful for planning your days in and near Interlaken. There are more economical alternatives to the Jungfrau indeed. Brilliant views can also be seen at the Schilthorn (from Mürren/Stechelberg) or Kleine Scheidegg. The online timetable may be of help too.

There are lots of different museums. Personally, I like the Traffic Museum and Glacier Garden in Lucerne and the National Museum in Zurich.

Have a wonderful stay!

• The thread ‘5 day holiday in switzerland itenerary suggestions’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.