5 day trip planning help - early September

5 day trip planning help - early September

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Jalal m
Jalal m
5 posts
May 5, 2018 - 12:12 AM

Hello,I am planning 5 day trip to switzerland with my wife on september 3-september 8. It will be our first time in switzerland, can anybody helps with an iternary where we can see the most of the attractions. Is it doable to drive a car throughout the trip? We will land and fly from zurich. we are not into indoor activities though.

thanks in advance

rockoyster
rockoyster
3732 posts
expert
May 5, 2018 - 3:24 AM in reply to Jalal m

Hello Jalal and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

I'll leave the question of itinerary to others but would encourage you to read www.myswissalps.com/ca rversustrain which hopefully will convince you to travel by train.

Last modified on May 5, 2018 - 3:24 AM by rockoyster
Lucas
Lucas
7238 posts
expert &
May 5, 2018 - 4:15 AM in reply to Jalal m

Hi Jalal,

What attractions is it that you want to see? There are a lot of things to see in Switzerland! Let us know what you want to see and do so we can give you some suggestions.

Have a look at these links first to help you plan your trip:

Jalal m
Jalal m
5 posts
May 5, 2018 - 3:23 PM in reply to Lucas

Hello Lucas,

Actually I don’t know much, there is so many stuff to do in switzerland. However, one thing I know that i Will skip the rhedo falls as I live 1 hr drive from Niagara Falls. So our plan is to drive to Lucerine, Interlaken, Zermat, Montreux, maybe Geneva , and head back Zurich.

please advice if there is another route to take instead, or of there are any other towns we should plan to see. If you can help me put a timeline for the roadtrip, and in which towns we shall sleep.

We like to spend a night in a cottage or guesthouse in a mountain, what do you recommend?

thanks in advance

Jalal m
Jalal m
5 posts
May 5, 2018 - 3:25 PM in reply to rockoyster

Hello Rockoyster,

thanks for the reply, but the fact is we are supposed to have lots of luggage, so driving a car would be more convenient .

Lucas
Lucas
7238 posts
expert &
May 5, 2018 - 4:12 PM in reply to Jalal m

Hi Jalal,

With only 5 days in Switzerland I wouldn't try to do as much as you are attempting. If your interest is in mountain scenery I would stay for 2 nights in Lucerne and 2 or 3 nights near Interlaken - a town like Grindelwald or Wengen is quite popular.

Jalal m
Jalal m
5 posts
May 8, 2018 - 11:23 AM in reply to Lucas

Thanks Lucas,

Is there any other couple towns would you recommand with mountain scenery?

we are open to all plans, we can actually fly to geneva instead of zurich if needed.

it is our first time in switzerland and we want to enjoy the most of it.

thanks in advance

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
May 8, 2018 - 4:48 PM in reply to Jalal m

Mürren and Lauterbrunnen are nice villages too in the Jungfrau Region.

Jalal m
Jalal m
5 posts
May 10, 2018 - 2:35 AM

Will we see green nature in the 1st week of september? Or it will be dry and yellow already?

thanks in advance

Lucas
Lucas
7238 posts
expert &
May 10, 2018 - 12:50 PM in reply to Jalal m

I think it should be quite nice in early September for you.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018