5 day trip planning help – early September

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2018 at 0:12:03 #815729

Hello,I am planning 5 day trip to switzerland with my wife on september 3-september 8. It will be our first time in switzerland, can anybody helps with an iternary where we can see the most of the attractions. Is it doable to drive a car throughout the trip? We will land and fly from zurich. we are not into indoor activities though.

thanks in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    5 May 2018 at 3:24:11 #884188

Hello Jalal and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

I’ll leave the question of itinerary to others but would encourage you to read http://www.myswissalps.com/ca rversustrain which hopefully will convince you to travel by train.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2018 at 4:15:20 #884189

Hi Jalal,

What attractions is it that you want to see? There are a lot of things to see in Switzerland! Let us know what you want to see and do so we can give you some suggestions.

Have a look at these links first to help you plan your trip:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2018 at 15:23:51 #884190

Hello Lucas,

Actually I don’t know much, there is so many stuff to do in switzerland. However, one thing I know that i Will skip the rhedo falls as I live 1 hr drive from Niagara Falls. So our plan is to drive to Lucerine, Interlaken, Zermat, Montreux, maybe Geneva , and head back Zurich.

please advice if there is another route to take instead, or of there are any other towns we should plan to see. If you can help me put a timeline for the roadtrip, and in which towns we shall sleep.

We like to spend a night in a cottage or guesthouse in a mountain, what do you recommend?

thanks in advance

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2018 at 15:25:51 #884191

Hello Rockoyster,

thanks for the reply, but the fact is we are supposed to have lots of luggage, so driving a car would be more convenient .

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2018 at 16:12:46 #884192

Hi Jalal,

With only 5 days in Switzerland I wouldn’t try to do as much as you are attempting. If your interest is in mountain scenery I would stay for 2 nights in Lucerne and 2 or 3 nights near Interlaken – a town like Grindelwald or Wengen is quite popular.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2018 at 11:23:41 #884193

Thanks Lucas,

Is there any other couple towns would you recommand with mountain scenery?

we are open to all plans, we can actually fly to geneva instead of zurich if needed.

it is our first time in switzerland and we want to enjoy the most of it.

thanks in advance

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2018 at 16:48:42 #884194

Mürren and Lauterbrunnen are nice villages too in the Jungfrau Region.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2018 at 2:35:44 #884195

Will we see green nature in the 1st week of september? Or it will be dry and yellow already?

thanks in advance

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2018 at 12:50:20 #884196

I think it should be quite nice in early September for you.

• The thread ‘5 day trip planning help – early September’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.