5 Days Switzerland tour Lucerne Grindelwald

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 October 2015 at 1:55:50 #808018

Hello,

We will be there in Switzarland from Paris on 19th Oct,(reach Zurich at 2.15p.m and will go to Lucern from there) – will do Lucern lake cruise at evening

20th Oct- Lucern city tour and Mt Titlis (Will stay at Engelberg)

21st. Oct- Will go to Interlaken for jungfraujoch (stay at Grindelwald)

22nd Oct- From Grindelwald to Interlaken- will go for Harder Kulm and Lake Brienz tour ,then travel to Bern and if possible , take a city tour -then go to Zurich (stay at Zurich)

23rd Oct- Zurich to Innsbruck (stay there there for 2 days)

25th Oct- Innsbruck to Zurich at 3pm- will go for a city tour

26th OCT- RHINE Falls tour and go back to Paris

I want your valuable opinion about this.

Thanks,

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7125 posts
    10 October 2015 at 15:21:08 #846459

Hello sanchita!

I see you’ve made some changes to the itinerary you initially posted. Most of it looks fine, but here are some comments:

• please note that boats on Lake Lucerne will already cruise according to the winter timetable. Evening cruises are available, but the options are somewhat restricted. You can check the options using the link to the timetable at myswissalps.com/boatla kelucerne/gettingthere;
    • on October 22, it makes more sense to take a boat tour over Lake Thun rather than Lake Brienz, as Lake Thun is closer to Bern, which is next on your list;
    • the days in Innsbruck are a personal choice of course. But such a side trip does require a lot of traveling time (Zurich-Innsbruck is a 4 hour train ride), which could instead be used for further exploration of Switzerland. For example, there’s a lot more to see and do in both the Lucerne and Interlaken regions.

I hope this helps you to complete your itinerary.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 October 2015 at 16:08:11 #846460

Thanks Annika, we will do it according to your advice,

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    11 October 2015 at 0:07:06 #846461

<<“23rd Oct- Zurich to Innsbruck (stay there there for 2 days)25th Oct- Innsbruck to Zurich at 3pm- will go for a city tour”>>

Hi Sanchita –

I’ve been to Innsbruck more than once, and to Switzerland a lot. All over Switzerland … Maybe 80 times.

Given a choice, I’d pick Switzerland and avoid a long train ride to Austria, while seeing better scenery.

Just my opinion of course. 😉

Perhaps you have specific things you have selected in Innsbruck that have personal significance for you? That could alter my opinion.

Slowpoke.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 October 2015 at 1:27:24 #846462

Thanks for your advice.

• The thread ‘5 Days Switzerland tour Lucerne Grindelwald’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.