5 days Valais itinerary with 7 month old daughter

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2016 at 9:08:36 #809019

Hi Guys,

We will be in Switzerland for 5 days -starting point from zurich. Previously we have already explored Interlaken and Lucern regions briefly and therefore we thought of making our way to Valais instead.

However this time we will have our 7mth old daughter with us and therefore we will only go to peaks that are below 2500m. I need advice on what we can do with our 5 days esp since we are keen to see scenic views , lakes and the alps. We will also like to keep one/two base and travel around from there instead since its easier with the baby. With that in mind, I would like to have advise on if staying in Valais is a better option or will Lucerne/Interlaken be better? We are arriving in mid May and I just checked that weather is pretty chilly in Zermatt. I would also love it if i could get a sample iternary for the 5 days.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Harvin

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7115 posts
    27 April 2016 at 4:42:23 #851271

Welcome to MySwissAlps, Harvin!

Of course there are plenty of options for a 5 day trip. I don’t know how thorougly you’ve explored the Interlaken and Lucerne areas before. If not, you’ll still have quite some options there I think. You can visit the pages I linked to for ideas.

If you prefer to explore another region, then the Valais is an option for sure. Zermatt though is located quite high and may not be the best option for that reason. Mid-May is still a bit in-between seasons there, and pretty much all viewing points are at high altitudes. Staying in or near Montreux along Lake Geneva (not in the Valais, but quite close to it) might be a good alternative. There are quite some viewing points that aren’t too high, boat trips can be made over the lake, there’s the Chillon Castle, the Lavaux vineyards which can easily be explored by train or on foot, etcetera.

Our planning section may be of help too. You’ll find tips and sample itineraries there.

• The thread ‘5 days Valais itinerary with 7 month old daughter’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.