Jun 19, 2012 - 9:08 PM
Caught a glimpse of the many postings here. Really helpful so I thought I'll put up my request for "help" too ;-)
My friends and I (3 of us) will be flying in to Zurich on 29 Aug (arrive early morning) and would like to really see the main/most beautiful/most spectacular parts of Switzerland. We leave for Paris on 4th Sept (we can leave on a train late in the evening) so that leaves us about 6-7 days to cover as much as we can!
- We are keen to spend a night or two in the mountains as well so any recommendations for day trips would be great - we came across one that leaves from Zurich to Mt Pilatus and Mt Titlis. Is this recommended?
- At the moment, our itinerary is from Zurich, to Lucerne, to Interlaken and Grindelwald, before going to Zermatt (for the Matterhorn) and finally to Geneva before going to Paris. Is this too much? :-)
- Any recommendations for "must-see" places and day trips?
- I know we can get to the different places by train using the Swiss Pass. But where do we check for train schedule?
- What's the weather generally like? Colder in the mountains?
- Any recommendation for budget but accessible accommodation such as youth hostel and bed & breakfast at the different places?
Apologies for the many questions. This is our first trip together and we are really excited but work commitments do not allow us much time to do more research on our own so here I am.
Thank you in advance for the kind assistance and any comments, recommendations or suggestions are welcomed and greatly appreciated.