6 days, starting from Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 June 2012 at 19:08:24 #805387

Hi all

Caught a glimpse of the many postings here. Really helpful so I thought I’ll put up my request for “help” too 😉

My friends and I (3 of us) will be flying in to Zurich on 29 Aug (arrive early morning) and would like to really see the main/most beautiful/most spectacular parts of Switzerland. We leave for Paris on 4th Sept (we can leave on a train late in the evening) so that leaves us about 6-7 days to cover as much as we can!

• We are keen to spend a night or two in the mountains as well so any recommendations for day trips would be great – we came across one that leaves from Zurich to Mt Pilatus and Mt Titlis. Is this recommended?
    • At the moment, our itinerary is from Zurich, to Lucerne, to Interlaken and Grindelwald, before going to Zermatt (for the Matterhorn) and finally to Geneva before going to Paris. Is this too much? 🙂
    • Any recommendations for “must-see” places and day trips?
    • I know we can get to the different places by train using the Swiss Pass. But where do we check for train schedule?
    • What’s the weather generally like? Colder in the mountains?
    • Any recommendation for budget but accessible accommodation such as youth hostel and bed & breakfast at the different places?

Apologies for the many questions. This is our first trip together and we are really excited but work commitments do not allow us much time to do more research on our own so here I am.

Thank you in advance for the kind assistance and any comments, recommendations or suggestions are welcomed and greatly appreciated.

Jin

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

antz
    Participant
    40 posts
    20 June 2012 at 11:01:43 #836485

We just came back from Zurich, Lucern and Zermatt after taking advises from the Forum. Maybe we can share our experience with you.
    1) Usually, the hotel got room for 3 persons
    2) In Zurich , only Rhine Falls is a must to visit. This is a business city only.
    3) Lucern is more worth to stay longer. You can visit Mt Rigi, Mt Titilis and Mt Pilitus from here as well as the Traffic Museum.
    4) You can visit http://www.sbb.ch for train time table. You can type in the departure city and destination then you ll get what u want
    Perhaps it can be helpful

• The thread ‘6 days, starting from Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.